Threaded View

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Chelley
    Race
    Alaskan

Chelley's Crafting Room Chaos

So for those that don't know (which is probably most of you) I'm part of a LARP organization called Amtgard. This is a medieval swords & sorcery game, similar to a live action Dungeons & Dragons. It's pretty fun. We get to hit fellow nerds with foam-padded sticks at full impact (without trying to break bones. Seriously, swinging that hard is being a dick and we don't like it when people play like that) every weekend. Or, in my case, shoot people with foam-tipped arrows from an actual bow. I love talking about this game, so feel free to ask any questions. I'm happy to answer them and if you're interested, help you find a park close to you so you can join the awesomeness that is Amtgard.

Aside from the battle-play there is a crafting side to things. Most of us make our own weapons, armor, and outfits (yes, this is costumed) though there are online shops for buying such things. Shipping to Alaska is often prohibitive, so the make-your-own-gear thing is even more prevalent up here. This thread is dedicated to sharing my craftiness for the game. Some of my work shown will be my first forays into that particular domain and some will be things I'm actually pretty good at.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Chelley; 12-19-2017 at 09:35 PM.