I tilted my head to the side, and sighed. Fantastic. I could not fault them on this. It was a steadily done hunt, well planned. The fault lay with myself, for not anticipating the danger of strangers. So. I was the prey, and now, foes on both sides. Self-admitted foes, with blades on one side, flame on the other. Not how I planned on my debut from training to go, but. I tilted my head down, blocking my sight of the faun for a moment.

“Well then. It seems that we do have quarrel, after all. A shame, but it seems your current hunt, and my grand hunt, end here.” I sighed, and swept my coat out, crouching down. Two foes. Blades. Fire. Both unknown quantities. The woman, a faun, unknown capabilities that include earth magic of some kind. The fox, fire. Other unknown capabilities. My chances of survival were none. Very well. I bared my teeth in a hard, angry smile. Come then, hunters. Come, and I'll come for you.

I sprang, twisting and leaping backwards. My target, the fox. Harass the smaller, ranged foe first. As I twisted through the air, my blade clicked out, snapping to its full extension, suddenly doubling its range as I swept it round to strike at the ground beside the fox. I had one - one chance at this. Stab the ground, surprise them, throw them off - and flee while they recovered.

The fox let out a startled, spark-spewing bark of surprise. A gasp from behind spoke of the faun pausing, as her mind worked. Then she was coming, white swords flashing as the fox himself flew up into the air and skittered a few pawsteps back.

I flipped forward, rolling to my feet. Damn. They were both till focused, the fox hadn't been thrown off by the fake out attack. And worse, my blade hadn't actually sunk into the rooftop deep enough for me to use it to propel myself away. I backed up to the edge of the roof, faun and fox now on the same side of me. I smiled humorously beneath my mask. I wasn't hunting them, so I couldn't bring myself to hurt them, despite the fact that they were so clearly hunting me. I sighed, and clicked the Saw-Spear back to its reserved form, and returned it to its holster as the duo approached me.

“It seems that I simply do not have quarrel with you. You are not my prey, so I have no interest in hurting you.” I turned away and stared at the moon. It was full, and bright. A fitting sight, I suppose. It called to me, sang to me of promises and potential unfulfilled. I hoped my younger siblings didn't have the misfortune that I did. I closed my eyes. “Do make it quick, at least?” I braced myself, body tensing.