At the sound of the dead silence filling the air her brow furrowed. Slowly, finding the light sploshing of the tea too loud she stopped pouring and set the pot down. That was when she began to turn, her eyes twisting first to Raevin, and seeing a horrified expression. It was a brief view before she noticed the tall, dark shadow in her peripheral vision, basically standing just a few inches from her. Where moments before there had been nothing -

In his casual attire of dark shirt, breeches and trousers. His arms were loose by his side, but she could see one hand clutched tight with agitation around his cane. And around him … well.

Spare damn extra cup indeed.

Vitruvion had clearly stepped into the room through one of his portals at exactly the wrong time. Just in the moment when Eteri of all people had been … apparently sneaking up on Stare to give her a hug. And instead the nekojin had got … well. The least amused person in the world.

“Stare …” he said in a thick, slow voice. His eyes were pointed forwards, not daring to look at the cat still tightly wound around him. Stare. Kindly remove this.

“Fuck,” she whispered, a feeling of dread in her. She stepped forwards a little, trying to find the best place to start trying to peek the latching Eteri off. Heart racing she threw Nevin a desperate, pleaful look as she began to nudge at Eteri's hand. “Eteri, that is not me …”

“Eteri know. This feel warm and nice.” The obstinate catgirl purred. That was when Nevin stepped forward and gripped her shoulder tightly - and dragged her back, forcefully pulling her off of the agitated man in front of her. She was pulled back to his side - and the alchemist kept his hand firmly planted on her, holding her in place. Vitruvion was stiff, his jaw locked and his eyes slowly blinking.

“Enough, dear. Greetings, Sir Elssmith. I wasn't aware you'd be joining us today.” The redhead sounded different now - wary, guarded.

Vitruvion took in a long, slow breath, his eyes continuing to blink. By his side Stare was pausing, anxious and uncertain. A hug from nowhere. Nobody ever did that sort of thing to him. His eyes narrowed slightly, staring at the wall, before his head swivelled around to look at Raevin, ignoring Nevin completely. There, he focused, twisting his body around to join his head, before he took in another long breath. Raevin reacted by gasping and starting to push back his blankets to struggle out of bed.

“Raevin. Do. Not. Move.” Crimson threads snagged the blanket and used it to pin the elf down. “You will only make things worse if you continue to try.”

Raevin looked caught between a desperation to get out of the bed to salute his employer and being told by his healer not to. His breath seemed to accelerate, Stare could feel great empathy as she herself was caught in a whirlwind between being with friends and … him. She saw Vitruvion's brow rise at the sight of the crimson threads before he wordlessly held out his cane to her.

Confused, but without hesitation she took it as Vitruvion stepped forwards to look at Raevin.

“There is no need, Raevin,” he said in a low voice as his eyes began to work over his body. “You are no use to me worse. Causing injury to your recovery is no use …” he paused, before looking finally at Nevin. “The dead flesh still malingers. Two inches there,” he pointed to the leg, “Coming to halt an inch there,” he moved his hand to point at Raevin's arm. “In one place there is bone affected,” he nodded at Raevin's hip. “It … just touches. I can see it scraping the first layers of marrow. And please do not restrain him, alchemist, that fares no benefit currently.” The redhead raised one eyebrow but the coils of threads retreated from the blanket, releasing the Elf from the hold. The threads didn't retract though - they retreated to Nevin’s side, and curled around Eteri’s waist.

“I cannot heal this, it is too … infected by its source,” Vitruvion said, with a note of displeasure in his voice. He straightened, his eyes swirling back to look at Eteri. “Stare, this is, I take it …”

The kenku seemed quiet and subdued. She blinked a few times before nodding, her claws tight on the cane in her hands. “Yes, my -” she broke off, took a breath. “Yes. Eteri. Eteri … this is mine and Raevin's employer, Sir Elssmith. Vitruvion.”

Eteri grumbled, fidgeting as she pulled on the threads around her waist. “Is good meeting-” She paused and her nose wrinkled as she tilted her head to the side, staring at Vitruvion. She turned her golden eyes toward Stare. “You not tell me your boss is god too.” She huffed. “Just cause god no mean to be rude.”

“Half celestial,” Vitruvion snapped as fast as anyone could breathe. “Thank you. Common misconception.” Beside him Stare seemed to freeze. He ground his eyes into Eteri, settling on the red threads coiled around her waist. He pursed his lips before looking back to Nevin. “How long will it take to heal?”