"Mistress!"

Advencia came barrelling through the doors of the main hall of the inner sanctum. Scarlet, despite having herself corrupted, and what little humanity she had left snipped away by a loud blue haired catgirl still enjoyed cooking. It felt...she wasn't sure how it felt exactly. Anything that was a semblance of emotion was difficult for her. She couldn't recall feeling happy, sad, angry, or fearful. But this, it felt familiar at least.

"Yes?" Came Scarlets calm response as she slowly stirred the rice simmering away in a large pot. "I'm busy."

Advencia stared at the pot, then at Scarlet, then back to the pot. A number of things crossed her mind. Why was someone who held such a position of power cooking for the entirety of the Crimson Hand? Why did the monster in human skin before her seem so calm in doing so? If Advencia had half a mind, and she did, she'd assume the red headed woman would poison everyone who dared eat the food, but her nose was keen and there were no toxins lilting in the air.

Scarlet spoke again. "If you're just going to stand there, make yourself useful and fetch me two dozen eggs."

Advencia shook her head, "Ah. No. I mean. its Madison. She's at the gates and she's-"

"Madison? Madison?" Scarlet repeated incredulously. "Didn't she get tired of Ulroke's shit and saunter off to become a Librarian or something? You say she's at the gates?" Scarlet set the wooden spoon down on the counter and turned to face Advencia. Advencia took a step back, seemingly worried about speaking to her. It should have bothered Scarlet, to have someone who was once so close to her treat her with naught but fear. It should... but, as with mostly everything these days... it failed to garner a response from the stoic assassin.

"W-Well yes, she wanted to, well..." Advencia shook her head and curled blonde ringlets bounced about her exposed shoulders. "One of the guards is refusing her entry till she garners permission from you."

"What?" Scarlet sighed. "Right. I'll deal with him, if he's still alive. You, go fetch those eggs, then slowly crack them into that pot one after the other - keep stirring. After that's done add...ah fuck it. They can have it as is." Scarlet waved Advencia off dismissively. She didn't want to sit around and explain the intricacies of 'fine dining' to the succubus.

Scarlet left the small kitchen and headed past the mess hall and past Ulrokes throne of human bone. She thought it was stupid when she first arrived, and she still held that sentiment now. "One day, I'm going to tear you apart." She muttered to the inanimate object. A few men were already sitting at the large table, awaiting their meals, lavishly lounging and chatting amongst themselves. A few stilled when they saw her cross the hall, others offered her a small nod of acknowledgement.

It's amazing how quickly word spread, and how quickly the entirety of the organization began to accept her. It took months, but they were finally coming to terms with the idea that she had just as much sway as Ulroke did. Many saw her as the leader, and he as the second in command. He had become recluse, reserved and barely spoke to anyone. Last time, he had no one to pick up his slack. This time, Scarlet stepped seamlessly into his place. Now, he left without so much as a word. Even to Scarlet, when she asked where he was headed he responded with 'Contingency.'

The heavy wooden doors slammed shut behind her, and she was immediately hit with the bright light of the sun and the brisk air. She held her hand up to shield her eyes as they adjusted. The cold... that was nothing more than a mild nuisance. Ever since her night with Shinsou, she barely registered the frigid temperatures of Salvar. She didn't question why, she just accepted it as fact. Her leather boots crunched against the freshly fallen snow as she made her way across the grounds. There were more guards posted about than usual but none paid her any mind. Her hair was tied back in a loose ponytail, thing bangs too stubborn to comply stuck out and framed her face. Her dress, a bright red whipped about in the winds.

As she approached the front gates she could hear the guard.

"You think she's just going to let you in after you fucked off? You got some-"

"Brian, is that any way to treat an old friend?" Her voice boomed from behind him. Brian quite literally pissed himself. "Mistress. I was-"

"Get Jackson and Friar to relieve you. Clean yourself up. Let the others know Madison is my guest."

Brian nodded, then shot Madison a small glare before shuffling awkwardly away. Scarlet snorted. Only one person at the front gate? Were they mad? What was the point of all this extra security if the gate was left wide open. Scarlet gestured for Madison to come in. "Come on then, I can only assume you want whatever you left in your lab? I need those gates up. We can walk and talk."

Madison regarded her with curious eyes. As curious as two glowing circles in a mess of writhing vines could be. Scarlet knew Advencia had successfully delivered the book to Madison, she had some correspondence from the briarheart of its contents but it was vague at best. "Yes. I know." Scarlet said as she turned and began to walk. "Hell, tomorrow I may just change my name to Rose, or Blood. They're on the red spectrum, right?" She thought she heard a 'snrk' come from Madison, but could not be sure.

"You need to teach your men manners."

"Since when did anyone here have anything of the sort?" Scarlet asked. The question was a rhetoric, and the woman was thankful that Madison didn't bother with an answer. The Briarheart went straight to the point of why she was here. It didn't surprise Scarlet, she guessed Madison would want to get in and get out as fast as possible and not deal with any shitty remarks or hostility. "Left your lab mostly intact. Ulroke took all of the paperwork. I had copies made in case you decided to show your face again." Scarlets words sounded cold, but that's because they lacked the usual emotion held within them. They lacked her warmth for the other woman, and the friendly yet cautious undertone she had. Scarlet had no ill will toward Madison, and still held her with somewhat of a high regard.

"Did the translation of that book bode well for you?" Scarlet asked, getting to the point of what she wanted quickly.

"Enough to know that you've gone and done something really fucking stupid." Madison responded.

"That's how it seems, huh?" Scarlet turned her attention toward the entrance to the catacombs, she heaved herself against the doors which groaned as they ground against the stone floor, opening inwards. A rush of stagnant air hit the two women. "Shall we?"