Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next Level: 5,422
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,422

GP

Name
    XP34748
    Race
    Vampire
    "Xczunge!" Gavner cursed out loud. He loathed the sea. "I swear this damn ship will be the end of me!"

Gavner hunched over a waste barrel with a splitting headache. Another wave of acid hit his stomach and he felt the last bit of lunch make its way into the barrel.

“Great,” the vampire seethed as he retched, gouging new grooves in the side of the empty oats barrel with his fingernails, “Juuuuust great. A mighty general who has commanded a legion of vampires in battle- now reduced to a seasick fool who cannot even raise a fist,” he grumbled to himself. “Can this day get any worse?”

Just then the ship listed almost 45 degrees, and splashed the mixture of partially digested dark elf blood and clam chowder from the barrel all over Gavner’s face.

Groaning in defeat, Gavner wiped the sick from his mouth and face with a rag he found laying around as he withdrew from the barrel and slunk back to his rack. The passenger berthing was relatively unoccupied; apparently not many people were making the voyage to Dheathain this time of year. Or ever. Collapsing into his hammock Gavner stared at the ceiling. He attempted to sleep in vain; his pores were oozing with toxins and he felt worse than death.

Footsteps echoed on the deck, and Gavner glanced through the dark towards the noise. Even though the sickness dulled his vampric senses, he could still make out the sound of boots against wood about thirty yards off. Gavner distinguished the figure of a tall, muscular, clean shaven sailor approaching Gavner's hammock. Lacking the strength to entreat the sailor, he simply laid in his rack until the figure towered over him.

"Sir, are you the other vampire on deck?" The man said in a deep voice. Gavner hesitated, and looked puzzled at the sailor. Callahan failed to mention that the entire crew knew of his vamprism. “It’s okay, the only thing we care about on this ship is coin. We would give voyage to a Demon Lord, so long as he was peaceful and could pay his way.”

"I am," Gavner managed to croak out.

"Vir Foris wishes to speak with you. I am afraid his last moments draw near." Gavner thought for a few moments.

Vir Fortis, Gavner thought, That name sounds familiar…

"Very well," Gavner said, "Where might I find him?"

"He is in the outboard most hammock on the starboard side of the berthing. I suggest you hurry sir." The sailor said as he turned and departed.

Gavner stirred and forced himself out of his hammock, stumbling over shoes and trash on the floor. Gavner made his way through the empty hammocks to the starboard side of the ship until he spotted an occupied one. As he approached Gavner heard shallow, ragged breathing coming from the mass.

"Vir Foris?" Gavner said as he approached the vampire. Vir turned his head with great effort and looked up at Gavner.

"Come closer, my boy." He wheezed. Gavner knelt down beside the hammock and looked at the dying vampire.

"You requested my presence, sir?" Gavner asked in his weakened voice. He was making every effort to remain stable in spite of his throbbing head.

"Indeed. Tell me, what is your name?"

"I am Gavner Nahs, of Clan Anoterish. What might I address you as, sir?" Gavner replied.

"Nice to meet you, General," Vir replied and began to cough. "I am Vir Fortis, Prince of Clan Durus."

Gavner felt stupid as the information set in. Clan Durus remained the only vampire clan in Dheathain, and one of the most renowned, senior war princes of the clan had entreated Gavner’s company.

"Sir, I am at your service." Gavner said as strongly as he could.

"Please, call me Vir," The perishing prince said. “I am a mortal, just as you are. We are not on the battlefield, nor are we in the clan. We are equals here.”

“Very well Sir- Vir,” Gavner corrected himself.

“Now to the task at hand,” Vir said weakly. “I am going to die before we make port, and I want you to send a message to my clan in Dhethain. With me gone, the clan needs another prince to fill my place. Tell the other princes that my vote goes to Wester Yirvik. He may seem small, but he is wise far beyond most in the clan."

"Very well sir," Gavner said. "As a general gives his oath, it shall be done.”
    Last edited by Gavner_Nahs; 04-29-2020 at 04:14 PM.