Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Yvonne trepidatiously inched nearer, closer, so carefully approaching the exhausted fae child. She’d verbalized her intentions - that she was entering his hiding place with concern for his well being - but he’d not answered. It seemed her words only stirred him from a waking slumber. He battled to lift his heavy eyelids let alone respond to her call. My word, she felt for the poor dear.

Silver eyes studied him intently, expecting the worst - awaiting the moment when he reacted with an icicle lance of deadly ice magic. The blackened half-dwarf froze mid-step when he finally moved, making a sort of 'shooing' gesture at her? Oh boy, her heartbeat pounded in her breast, her pulse racing. That be a shoo or a threatening sorcerous gesture? Dare I flip a coin with me own life ta find out? Her feet answered her question by pacing backwards, high heels crunching back into snow.

The fae vandal gestured again, another sign different to the first. Yvonne didn’t comprehend it and she didn’t have time to mull it over. A gusting breeze took her unawares, nearly knocking the half-and-halfling off balance, her arms swinging wildly to stay upright. A whirlwind began to circulate around the ruined chamber, lifting the fae sorcerer off the ground in the calm of the storm, his fists clenched with wintry desperation. The blustering air currents turned bitter and chilly, the temperature rapidly plummeting. Was Yvonne still thinking of giving the kid a cuddle?

Nope! Getting out of here!

She dived toward the doorway with all the leg strength she could muster, the winds threatening to sweep her up, landing in the snow with a wet thump. Her outstretched hand grabbed hold of the entryway and she pulled and scrambled outside as quickly as she could. Slumping her back to the outer wall - the doorway beside her shoulder - a turbulent blast of frost blew through the archway and chilled her to the bone. She curled up tightly into the fetal position and hugged herself, trying to stay warm - trying to stay alive.

“That be n-no way ta greet a stranger!” she shouted, her voice cracking, teeth chattering. “Ye settle d-down, ye hear me!? Don’t make m-me mad. I only want ta help ye!”

Yvonne’s body temperature had dropped so much she couldn’t stop shivering, covered in snow flakes and not getting any warmer in spite of her efforts. She took off her backpack and untied the blanket roll attached to it, unfurling it and swiftly wrapping herself up in it like a cocooned bug. There she continued to wait out the magical blizzard happening inside, too cold and too scared to move. She couldn’t stop trembling.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 07-30-2018 at 05:15 AM.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.