Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Bearing witness to Felicity unwinding in one of many water fountains renewed Yvonne’s smile. The slate-skinned hybrid had been contemplative, brooding even, but seeing the teenager having a good time helped to clear her mind of her troubles. As though the fountain waters cleansed Felicity of her worries, at least for a while, in that moment the blistering climate meant nothing and their disagreements were set aside.

Yvonne didn’t particularly like the water. Well, not true - she appreciated everything natural but she’d not had to personally deal with large bodies of water. Her life experiences didn’t include swimming. The many months long voyage to Dheathain was incredibly difficult to endure, though she hadn’t needed to interact with the ocean. Remaining below deck and pretending the vessel was a wobbly tavern saw her through.
    Booze and sleep made short work of long journeys.

Felicity shook her head, her hair whipping and spraying sprinkles of cold water everywhere. Yvonne - standing beside the pond - got covered in droplets. She bolted upright, spine straightened in surprise, hands shielding herself way too late.

“Me hair! Not me hair!” Yvonne complained, looking through her backpack for something to dry off with. Normally the half drow, half dwarf had exquisite perception, but with her attention in among her belongings she wasn’t prepared for what happened next…

Felicity snatched the petulant little mixed breed off the cobblestones with ease. Yvonne’s silver eyes ballooned out of her head, stomach dropping as the powerful adolescent lifted her small frame overhead.

“Put me down! FeliCITYYY! AHH!” Yvy commanded before crying out. The fiery redhead obeyed and plonked her into the fountain pool with a dwarf-sized splash. She quickly surfaced and scooped a handful of water back at her blood-sister, sploshing her right in the mush with it. Bursts of spray showered the both of them as they water-battled back and forth. Yvonne’s lovely straight hair was absolutely soaked. Giggles and squeals pierced through the roaring fountain deluge.

“Un-be-lieve-able! Tha nerve of ye!” she shouted, the biggest grin on her face.

~~~

Yvonne huffed and puffed, blowing the leaf from Felicity’s forehead. It caught the wind and danced on the twirling breeze. The breath startled her friend, but her grin asked forgiveness as she pointed to the leaf. Peridot eyes followed the gesture and watched the air currents take the leaf on a journey all of its own.

She reclined beside the relaxing warrior in the grass, basking in the canopy view above them. They’d just about dried out, not too wet any longer, for all the fountain-fighting they’d partaken in. She had been grateful to find a spot to settle down for a few moments, the sunbeams barely able to shine through the overlapping leaves on high. It felt wonderful, to rest her eyes in the shade.

The duo hadn’t been resting for long when someone disturbed them. His face was familiar, but Yvonne hadn’t anticipated meeting him again so soon. His voice boomed louder than she remembered.

“Here you are! I thought to find you at your camp, but only ashes remained! I worried you two had departed!” Shaseth shouted, breathing heavily. He took a moment recover some of his composure, but the concern in his draconian-slit eyes lingered. He never did calm down.

“Can’t get rid of us that easily. What be wrong, dear? Zrazire again?” Yvonne asked.

“No, I don’t think so. One of those mischief-making fae is destroying the city with magic, one building at a time. My home, it’s… ruined and I cannot afford to fix it now. I don’t own enough to trade for the repairs. I didn’t know who else to turn to! Please, Zrazire-puncher. Please, tiny matriarch… help me again. Help my family! They didn’t deserve this,” Shaseth pleaded. In spite of his hulking, scaly body he was well and truly on his knees, head bowed at their feet.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 06-23-2018 at 06:57 AM.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.