Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Nightfall was clear and cloudless. As the millions of gems in the sky sparkled boldly against the harsh dark, the city was silent. Not many people were up at this hour, leaving Felicity to walk alone amongst the grey cobblestones and aged buildings. The dilapidated ruins were about the same, street to street, as the girl steadily grew calmer and clearer again, She still hugged herself, nerves wracked and ready to jump at the slightest sound. Yet, only her footsteps echoes across the tall, old town. This skeleton of a civilization long passed was archaic, solemn. Yet, the questions of what happened to this place barely struck her in the cold, midnight air. She was only concerned with finding Yvonne again. With no recollection of how she got from the wreckage of the vandal’s victimized street to that courtyard, she was heading back towards the one landmark she clearly remembered – their old campsite. Maybe, just maybe, Yvonne decided to go there. Then again, she could be at their drakari friend’s house. Felicity, however, had no idea where that location fell.

The sounds of night’s jungle wildlife drew faintly louder as she drew towards to edge of town. Even at nighttime, Dheathian was humid. After the deathly cold of the city’s limits, she immediately grew to remember her old loathing of this blasted humidity again. As the girl stepped over fallen vines and twisting roots, the sound of rich leaves flattening against her boots sounded. Her hand nervously fell over her sword, she wondered up a hillside towards an old courtyard. Strange, she thought the city’s limits were behind her. Nonetheless, the lone child made a dash through the tall grasses and jungle ferns of the open courtyard. Now lost in a forest of shooting grass, she grew annoyed at the humidity and plants here. – Then, she suddenly realized something odd…

… she had been hit with a fog.

The clear sky was unseen beneath the thick smog of grey. She was suddenly caught in what seemed to be a storm of fog. Her heartbeat, which had just steadied a short bit ago, ramped up again. She gasped and clutched her heart, her chest aching. She had to stand still for a moment, taking deep breaths as she tried to calm down again. Yvonne needed her. This was no time to feel anxious, no matter how lost she was.

Thus, she soldiered on, into the thickest of the fog.

She could hardly see her hand in front of her face. The shadows of the gruff plants were unseen. Yet, she could fell the plants poking her and causing her skin to itch and tickle upon touch. She pushed on, careful not to trip over any roots. Her footsteps were loud, as she pulled down grass and crushed fern bushes on her way through. Yet, after what felt like forever, she made it out! She was surprised when the sound of her boots against muffled plants were replaced with a hard stomp against stone. She grinned, excited to have reached the other side. The fog seemed to reside, at least a little. It was enough to see the silhouette of a monstrous mansion in front of her. She took a step back, within the edge of the courtyard. “Woah…”

Wait, did she hear something?

“Ye settle d-down, ye hear me!?”

That voice! She knew that voice!

“I only want ta help ye!”

Yvonne!

The fool! What was she doing out here by herself? Unlike Felicity, she was at least half sane! Felicity bolted through the half destroyed gatehouse, dashing towards the noise. Panting, the redhead gritted her teeth as she shouted, “Yvonne! I’m coming!”

Racing through tumbled statues within the front pathway, she felt the most peculiar thing – chill. The air was blistering cold! Way better than that darn humidity, yet Felicity's panic grew larger. She could feel the faint traces of magic within the air. Yvonne was terrified of magic like this! Dang it, Yvonne, you’re supposed to be the cool headed one here!

The air even smelled like the freezing of winter. The mixture of crispness and dull dust swirled in her nostrils as she noticed flashes of blue within the building ahead. Ice!

I C E!

Her eyes were completely frosted over, like chips of white ice. Her face was hardened in spite, lips curled in a hateful scowl. Ice floated around her as death knocked on her next victim’s door.

The girl skidded to a hasty halt, a cry escaping her. There was ice beneath her very feet, causing her to comically fall onto her bottom. The pain was nothing, yet the wounded child lifted her hand, covering her face. It seemed as if a blizzard was taking place in there. Against the darkness of the night, the cloudiness of the fog, the ice and snow literally glowed blue in violent splendor.

“Ayleth!” Felicity cried aloud, “No!”

Tears filled her green eyes. She whimpered, “Ayleth…”

Then, she saw something else.

Behind one of the crumbled statues, so deteriorated it was unrecognizable, stood a short, stout being. She had dark skin, clothes stylish yet sophisticated for travel, and wild hair. Pointed elvish ears oddly matched well with dwarvern height.

Felicity lowered her hand as the storm howled within the building. Just at the edge of the chaos, they both had wandered into the storm wall of the hurricane.

“… Yvonne.”

A flash of white light flew from the doorway. Felicity bolted up. Her voice was curdled in a scream that even against the howling winds, was deafening.

“YVONNE!"

Several humongous shards of ice flew towards the statue.

Felicity raced.

The sharp ice slammed into the statue, causing it to shatter.

Felicity scooped the fellow half-breed into her arms.

Rubble flew everywhere.

Yet, Felicity ducked behind another statue, Yvonne with her.

Panting, sweating despite the plummeting temperatures, Felicity shook as she placed Yvonne down. Grey eyes met peridot, both wide in terror, as she met for the first time since her outbreak over that tree.

The storm within the mansion was but a distant land. Right now, Felicity only saw her. She whispered, tears welding up in her eyes, “Y-Yvonne…”
    Last edited by Flamebird; 08-05-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.