Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next Level: 2,474
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,474

GP

Name
    Jacob (Jake) Narmolanya
    Race
    Elf / Human
    Nosdyn beheaded the goblin warlord, and then the brawny demon finally fell under a hail of arrows. Some of the remaining goblins fled, while others turned to race towards Nosdyn in hopes of avenging their leader.

"N'Jal's web on a fucking salad!" Jake swore. "You lot there," he yelled at a nearby knot of guardsmen, "come hold this hillside with me!"

He fought his way through the melee, blade a blur, killing enemies left and right despite his seeping wounds. He stood over Nosdyn's fallen form, defending his former adversary against the pressing goblins. He knocked aside a sickle sword and skewered the wielder, and then staggered and kicked another greenskin in the stomach. The remaining goblins fought hard, knowing they would die if they did not win. They threw themselves upon Jake and the guardsmen, screaming bone-chilling war cries. Many of the guardsmen broke and ran for the town, but Jake held fast with a small number of them. They turned back goblin blades until finally there were no more left to fight.

A knot of six men including Jake remained, their swords stained with goblin ichor, their clothing drenched in sweat and blood. As the remainder of the goblin horde retreated into the treeline more warriors broke out from Stonevale, racing to the hillside in company with two healers.

Jake slumped to one knee as he watched them come. He still had the energy to lift his sword; he could still slay the demon he'd come to Scara Brae to kill. He looked at Nosdyn's ugly, blood soaked face. The demon would not mind a warrior's death on the battlefield. Jake lifted his sword...

...and slipped it into its sheath. He could not bring himself to slay a fallen fighter, no matter who it was, no matter how much he might deserve it. If nothing else, Nosdyn had at least proven himself a brave warrior. Perhaps Jake could find a use for such blind bravery. The half elf slumped down to a seated position as the healers arrived.

"How badly are you hurt?" One of them asked Jake while the other examined the guards.

"Not so very badly," Jake winced. "Just toss me a few bandages and I'll be ready to go again. You should check on him, though."

"What, the demon?" The healer shrugged. "Aren't they just cannon fodder?"

"That cannon fodder turned the tide of the battle," Jake said. "Heal him."

"Alright..." the healer crouched next to the demon. Nosdyn had so many arrows in him, he looked like a pincushion.

"This doesn't look good," the healer said, "yeah, you know what? There's almost literally no way I can heal this guy... alone."
    Last edited by Breaker; 06-09-2018 at 06:25 PM.