The old abandoned fort took some time to repair.

But the night that Lornius erupted revealing it's deadly secret...the fort was completed in it's refurbishing.

Lorenor and his companions stayed within the fort accepting all who would come to their position looking for aid. It was Lorenor's sworn duty as a Paladin to assist those who needed help. As he stood there observing the work they'd completed, he looked out the window.

"Just as Nenkulor said it would happen." The Black Knight's voice. His son.

"Lornius..." Lorenor carefully responded. "There's no telling how many are hurt or dead cause of ash-fall."

"You were granted enough foresight to prepare for the disaster." The Black Knight said calmly.

"This belongs to you." Lorenor suddenly said, he oft worked in mysterious ways. He handed The Black Knight his shard of the Tablet of Destiny. "You're proof that we can still do good in this world." Lorenor felt conflicted about parting with the shard, but he knew it was not his.

It belonged to his son, The Black Knight.

The Black Knight carefully replaced the shard back in his armour, empowering it.

"Father, are you certain?" The Black Knight asked.

Lorenor nodded. "Sei would have wanted you to keep it. You represent what is good in this world...I'm just a memory of the past." Lorenor frowned. He thought of the night that Sei saved him. But what did Sei save really...? Lorenor thought to himself. "But even someone like me can make a difference." Lorenor said. Lorenor looked at his son, and his followers.

"We've all been gathered here by Nenkulor's last prophecy." Lorenor suddenly said to the gathered. As the sky went dark and ash-fall began.

"Look!" A man yelled.

Lorenor looked out one of the fort's windows. Lornius was already gone...

Lorenor narrowed his eyes for a moment as he witnessed the destruction of Lornius. "By the gods..." Lorenor said calmly. He knew the Thaynehood, but he was no longer a practitioner of the Thayne Codex. Thanks to his involvement and betrayal at the claws of N'Jal.

Lorenor watched the eruption of Lornius and the destruction of the floating city. Destruction spanned for several miles. Almost immediately, the volcanic eruption spewed ash-fall out of it's bowels and the world was covered in a massive cloud of death.

Lorenor studied the event as it unfolded.

"Father...Lornius..." The Black Knight said calmly.

"She's gone..." Lorenor responded somberly. "The hour is upon us now. We are being tested..." Lorenor said.

"The gods have a plan for us then...?" The Black Knight asked.

"I'm not entirely certain what to think yet. But once we have more information we will know if this is indeed their end-game." Lorenor rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "It is still too early to tell. When ash-fall has rained for a longer period of time we will know more." Lorenor said.

"Fair enough but I think this event is a sign at the very least. One we cannot ignore." The Black Knight said in response.

"We have prepared as best as we could. The Prophet said that there would be those needing help. We must assist any we can help. That is our mission now." Lorenor was following his own path at that point, but he knew he was no longer alone. He could change things for the better.

"All right. I'll send some scouts outside equipped properly to handle the ash-fall." The Black Knight said. "There will be fires everywhere." The Black Knight shook his head.

"Why this...what does this destruction prove?" Lorenor suddenly thought out loud.

"Maybe we are just meant to survive Father." The Black Knight, his son, placed a hand on Lorenor's shoulder.

Lorenor nodded. "Perhaps..."