The woods were thick and dark as I trudged along through the woods. Hanging from my waist was the ruined remains of my sword - shattered in the fight against some undead in Raeria. I had never managed to find that damn 'god' that had abandoned their people, meaning the entire trip had been a damn waste. I didn't even know what had happened to the man that I had been fighting alongside -he had vanished after some combat, leaving me alone once more. After trying to search, fruitlessly, I had been forced to give up. Without him, I had had no means of getting into the 'god's' domain.

Bah. I snorted and pushed a tree branch out of the way. I had gone there, called by an urge to fight one of the pantheon of this place - to see how their divinity differed from mine, to see how I faired against them. Camille had been - away, hunting something for work, and so I had been alone without knowing how long she'd be gone. With her gone, and this strange urge to travel - I had gone, leaving a note explaining. Camille and I had gotten somewhat used to the other disappearing for stretches of time, even if she got a bit... off when I was gone for too long. I could only hope that my travel to Raeria hadn't been too long and she hadn't thought I was dead.

Well, at least not permanently. I had died during my journey, a few times even. It just still didn't stick. I didn't know what exactly in this world might be able to put me down for good - there was no Chosen Undead or Unkindled wandering around, ready to eat up my soul, so it just kept coming back and picking me back up. I sighed as I stepped around a tree, shoving through a bush. I didn't know if the fact that I was unkillable was good or bad, here./ Back home I had still had the faint chance of death, if the right being came along and managed to slay me. Here? Here, I was the only soul eater I knew of.

A loud howl, throaty and feral, echoed through the trees, bringing me from my thoughts. I tilted my head to one side, frowning in thought. That had sounded a bit familiar - just a bit. I looked at the woods surrounding me, and dropped one hand to my waist, behind the hilt of my sword, and gripped my chime. Damn it, I did not want to get eaten! I could come back from it but being eaten was, in my opinion, one of the worst damn ways to die.