Time passed....

Nosdyn and his companion lived in co-existence together for a long time. The cave served as adequate shelter for the two of them far away from the restrictions of Hume society. Up until his time in Stonevale, Nosdyn had been a harsh individual working for a really dark organization. Stonevale had changed him. Considerably. One night, several months later Nosdyn woke up and he found his companion gone. A letter had been left where she would normally be resting at, waiting for him. Nosdyn read the letter...she was unable to be freed from her particular stage of Undeath. So to further compound the tragedy of N'Jal's Undead....his companion had gone to kill herself at some point the night before.

Nosdyn wept and grieved. In the short time that he had known the priestess she'd meant more than anyone ever had. He'd spent several nights in the cave crying for his lost companion. Then that fourth night...something happened while he had a troubled sleep. He had a dream...and for Demons to dream was usually never a good thing. Nosdyn found himself walking a back alley of Ettermire, and stepping forward. There were several horribly disfigured bodies all around him. A shadowy figure emerged from the darkness and walked towards Nosdyn.

"You've been gone a long time." The voice said.

Nosdyn looked at the apparition. "Yeah...I've been running."

"Perhaps too long." The shadowy figure said in response.

"You brought me here for a reason did you not?" Nosdyn asked.

"I did." The shadow figure looked around and then back towards Nosdyn. "The Calamity has come and gone...but your former Master and indeed...time itself never stopped moving here. Things have become bad here."

"That line of work has it's risks." Nosdyn said to the figure. "We all knew that going into the guild."

"Nosdyn...the time for you has come now. You must come back home." The figure said.

"Home is Tular Plains...." Nosdyn began attempting to deny who and what he was.

"How long are you going to keep up this facade?" The figure asked of Nosdyn. "We both know that life you used to live there no longer applies."

Nosdyn frowned. "What would you have me do? What would you have done different?"

The figure paused a moment. "The time has come for you to take over HIS operation."

Nosdyn blinked for a moment as if the thought had not occurred to him before. "The Boss....you're saying to kill The Boss?"

The figure nodded. "There is more at stake here than just the remnants of Ettermire. You have been denying who you really are for a really long time now."

The idea was seeded in Nosdyn's mind at that point. "I don't have a choice in this matter anymore do I?"

The figure looked at Nosdyn. "The woman you love...let her be the catalyst for this. Her memory. It's no different if N'Jal herself OR The Boss had stolen her from you. You HAVE to reclaim your destiny here."

The time had arrived. Months after The Calamity itself took place. Nosdyn found himself staring at the gates of a city he'd thought he'd never come back home to. Ettermire. I've been running for a long time now. It's time to settle up now. Nosdyn placed his hood over his head. With his cloak gently swishing about him. The whores were there in the various familiar corners of Ettermire, the dealers of this or that exotic...substances and other assortments of shady individuals. But the shadiest of all...Nosdyn had come back home.

it was now time to settle up once and for all.