KC took a well manicured nail and tapped her ruby red lips, many thoughts and questions swam in her mind to ask him. Her dark icy blue orbs drank in his appearance, she studied him for a moment. Her eyes rolled over his muscles that peeked out slightly almost giving off that he could have been a warrior in a past life. Slowly her eyes went up to his face savoring the sights as they went. His jaw was strong, lips soft thin, kissable. Her own upturned into a small grin at the thought.

His horns erupted from just above his temple, if he turned and the lights of the gas lanterns caught them just right she swore that the could have been almost black, maybe blue. The contrast against his white hair was beautiful. Her fingers itched to run through the soft tendrils. Her chest rose and fell as she bit her lower lip, a hunger, a curiosity stirring in her belly. She cleared her throat before leaning back in her chair, straightening her spine and crossing her legs at the ankles. Questions first, relish in the sexual tension later. She mused to herself.

“What type of species are you?” She cocked her head to the side, still studying him slightly.

The man's expression drew to a blank. His smile faded and the amused sparkle in his eye faded as he concentrated on her. Chest lifting up and down, he paused before saying slowly. “Would you be convinced if I said 'tiefling’?”

The sound of her melodic laughter filled the room as she shook her head. There was no way he was just a human with demonic ancestry. She had met many tiefling, she had laid with two and she knew this horned man, Charles was certainly not one.

The laughter subsided as she shook her head, her tongue licked her lips, wetting the plush pillows. “No,” she said an amused look on her face. “I Have met many tiefling, even laid with a few and I can tell you are not.” She leaned in slightly her fingers drumming against the table.

“Why is it you don’t wish to tell me what you are?” Curiosity shone bright in her dark gaze.
He shrugged slightly. “People assume I am a tiefling, and often it is easier that way.” He leant back in his chair. “To explain what I am is … requires some belief.” He looked right at her. “How old do you think I am?”

KC couldn’t help it but the more he spoke, the interest in him grew the curiosity stirred in her belly. Her brows drew together as she sat back in her chair, what a strange question, she thought. “You look maybe late twenties early thirties but that doesn’t mean anything. My mother was one hundred and had the appearance of a twenty year old.”