Philomel had made her way past the balcony and onwards to a benched area upon the roof - one which opened onto a rooftop garden, harbouring a glorious view of the night sky. The path of the balcony curved around the side of a tower, and then expanded dramatically. It was necessary to pass by some other intriguing people who had decided to also escape from the roving madness of the main ball area - such as a blue-skinned demon watching the stars. Walking over slowly to a reclining wooden seat, the faun found herself smiling.

"There is no lack of wonder for what they can do in the Citadel," she found herself openly commenting.

When no answer came she looked down, frowning as she saw the lithe form of Veridian running from far away, his white tail and black nose signs of his presence as he bounded towards her over the balcony. Immediately her smile creased into a frown and she folded her arms over the satin of her corset, furrowing her brow low over silver eyes.

"Where did you go off to?" she asked.

Zombie, Veridian explained with a pant of breath, He stank, so I told him. He did not understand me, obviously. He twitched his nose and swung his tail back and forth. So I tried to explain it slowly by writing on water vapour I made through my breath ... well. He became annoyed. The fox shrugged and leapt up onto the seat before Philomel could make her move. He ran off somewhere, shouting revenge or some such. I do not recognise his barbarous tongue.

"Watch what you say," Philomel laughed a little, the cheer back in her eyes. "Indeed, there is a woman approaching ..."

She gestured elegantly over to the door that led onto the balcony from the main ballroom. Loud, melodic music was blasting out as well as a bright light. Laughter, merriment, drunken voices could be heard, telling tales of far to reach lands and dull lives. It was the same place that faun and fox had emerged, to escape from, and it was the same place that a woman was now striding out of. Her expression seemed determined, her purpose set. A focus had she on where she was going, and what she was doing. Veridian and Philomel watched as the woman - Wendy - scanned the area, searching for ... someone in particular, but then her features were stunned. Looking straight at the demon she went over and began to address him.

What was that about? Veridian asked, looking up at Philomel.

The Matriarch shrugged. "I have little idea, my darling, but she seems to have found someone to talk to. Perhaps she was looking for bathroom?"

The fox agreed, Likely. Unless she was looking for us?

"Why would she ever want to look for us?" Philomel looked confused, "... Do you recognise her? Do we know her at all?"

Veridian looked for a while at Wendy and then shook his small head left to right in a manner fitting a noble beast.

I do not.

And thus they watched. Until the woman became bored with the demon and began to look around again, this time seeing them and marching over. Philomel by this time was seated on the reclining chair alongside Veridian, moving between watching the move of the galaxy's clouds over head, the twinkling of the sky ... and the foul-faced woman.

"Can we ... help you?" she asked as Wendy came closer.

Veridian fixed her with a golden-eyed stare.

Wendy paused and nodded. "Yes. You can leave. No prostitute belongs in such a high society place as this."

Blinking slowly, Philomel straightened her back and raised her brows. "Oh, so darling she does know a little of us then." Then she placed a genuine smile on her face and clasped her hands on her lap. "I think you are mistaking me with a person from ... ten years ago about. Now I am a business woman and warrior." She lifted her chin, her eyes glowing with glory. "Besides, why shouldn't a whore be here. Do you have a problem with some people's choices of how to make their money, hmmm? Do you have the same problem with members of the military? Why they kill for a living. Is that not worse?"