She sighed a huge sigh of relief, and slid of the bed to run and grab her dress. Hectically, she began to pull it on. “Damn, I am going to be ridiculously late. I was supposed to help in the kitchens at breakfast.”

“It'll be fine,” I assured her, taking up trousers.

“Having sex is not an excuse for tardiness.”

“Not even with the lord's exciting new prisoner?” I watched as she began to button up the back of her dress. Turning around to me she held her hair out of the way. There were the remaining top few buttons spare.

“Please.”

With my brow raised, I obliged.

Then she let her hair drop and turned to me. She paused, a smile on her face. “I'm not sure. But I will say I was not disappointed.”

“Of last night?” I asked. And she nodded, curling her hands together. Slowly nodding myself, I spoke words of genuine meaning. “Neither was I.”

She grinned then, and leant forwards. “Then I'll see you again. Soon,” she darted in to kiss my cheek. “Maybe I'll ask his lordship to keep you here for my sake.”

I laughed a little, knowing it was entirely plausible, and she skipped back. She gave me a small wave as she walked forward and grasped the door handle.

It opened. My brother was standing outside, arms folded and brow raised. Quickly she descended into a low red-cheeked curtsey to him before scurrying away. There were the sounds of her happiness in the footsteps.
Patiently, with a smile that was both guilty and not, I waited for him. After a moment he grunted before moving into the room. I could not see Fallon as the door closed unaided behind him.

“So,” he spoke carefully, “that I was not expecting to happen so fast.”

“I wondered if it was by your design,” I folded my arms as I leant against the back wall.

“It was a brief consideration of the matter that you might find each other's company pleasing but …” he smiled slowly. “It was not my entire plan. It might have not happened.”

“Indeed,” I agreed, “I am assuming by that then you have no issue.”

“Oh no brother,” he shook his head. “Rather, I will look to encourage it. Regina is entirely loyal to me. This gives me more power over you.”

It was entirely true, and I had known it from the outset. I watched him as he strode to my chair and placed himself into it.