McKinley looked over at her companion, his usually well kept dark locks now disheveled as he ran a tense hand through his thick mane. This lips in a thin line as his gaze swept from the waitress towards her. She nodded encouragingly at him but he sat there like the statue he could tend to be. Frowning she looked up at the waitress that seemed to be panicked. "I will take a spiced wine and if you have something a little bit more vampire friendly for my comrade here." She said the last part a little bit quieter as the stigma that came with being a vampire was not very palatable for most. Kinley could feel the intense gaze of Enzo bore into the side of her face as she smiled an innocent smile to the girl as she nodded, scurrying away quickly. Finally she looked towards the stiff brute as she looked almost mortified at outing him publicly. "You should learn to breathe more, you look like a man made of stone," she quipped.

Her bright gaze turned quickly back to the small girl that had introduced herself as Alyssa. She smiled friendly though one that did not meet her eyes. "Indeed Enzo is good company when he isn't in a brooding mood. You'll have to forgive his intense gaze as he is skeptical of strangers, well and I suppose just people in general." Her eyes danced over towards him, his arms now folded tightly across his muscled chest. Rolling her eyes, shaking her head she looked back towards Alyssa. "So you are traveling? Aimlessly or a specific destination?" Her brows pulled together with curiosity.

McKinley tilted her head as she arched an eyebrow, magic... Such an odd thing to announce so publicly and to offer to help a stranger as she had. This world was cold and bitter, people in it mostly selfish and corrupted, others working under the thumb of a dictator. The red head seen her share of ugliness, the same cruelness that had driven her from her cottage, her home and haven that now laid in ruins. "Magic," she said softly, the word felt foreign rolling off of her tongue. "What type of magic?"

An uneasiness crept into her chest, the tightness almost crippling as she gripped arms of the chair. Her knuckles white as she felt the darkness within her stir to life at the mention of magic. The cold that came with the black abyss, crawling at the core of her being. She tried to swallow around a large ball of emotions that seemed to form in her throat. Such a simple word able to trigger such a negative response from her, the insecurities of her own abilities as a skaeth causing all this turmoil. Just as she felt as she was about to spontaneously com bust she felt a cool hand on her arm, the fingers gripped her flesh and squeezed. Her lips parted as she cleared her throat, eyes glancing to her companion that for the first time showed an emotion that wasn't an impassive expression. Enzo scooted his chair closer to McKinley, his nearness keeping the sinking feeling at bay.

"You will have to forgive her reaction to your openness with your magic, she has not had the best experience with such abilities." Enzo's voice was deep yet gentle as he didn't look to the girl named Alyssa as he spoke.

The waitress came with a tray of glasses an a bowl, balancing it with skill on her small arm. Quickly she sat down the cups in front of the right patron, then giving the blonde haired beauty her stew she had requested. Enzo nodded at her, encouraging her to leave after she had finished. He picked up the spiced wine handing it to a frazzled McKinley, who quickly accepted taking a few greedy drinks before he settled more into the chair next to her.

"I am sorry, I am a bit unstable when it comes to magic," the red head said barely above a whisper.