“As healthy as I could keep it. Luckily for me I was found in a matter of hours after it happened. If it weren't for the Mrs. Lolitch and her medication I would have been a goner.”

John seemed like an honest man, but distracted. He noticed it when he first walked up. There was an air of sadness looming over the giant, taking its toll on him. They shared that in common.

“There hasn't been a lot of time lately, I've been running around like a loyal dog of the military.”

Hayate stepped into the giant’s den and began admiring his massive furniture. John pulled out a chair for him to use as a stool and asked him to stand. Hayate obliged and unlatched the belt holding his Nodachi and set it aside along with his cloak. His arm was completely covered in bandages from his shoulder down to his nub around his bicep area.

He wore his wound with shame, it was a reflection of his past. It was his penance, his sin. Part of the price he paid for his freedom, a constant reminder of who all he had sacrificed. All in the name of the man who inspired Hayate to begin his journey.

“I don't have much feeling in it, so if that's what you were asking then no. I doubt I'll be able to keep it.” He said gripping his shoulder and looking down to the floor. His tangled black mop casting a shadow over his face. “But I don't care what it takes. John if you can help me I need a replacement, I have unfinished business I need to take care of. And before I can do that I’m caught up in another man’s war.”

Hayate froze, he had already said to much.