Lorenor thought about how best to answer the boy's question. "We followed Sei Orlouge and his family for many generations. Those were good days...We...-I- had a purpose. Before Sei found me I was a wretched follower of N'Jal. Blindly following orders, the night Sei found me we were after a certain relic. The mission went south, I was in possession of a certain book." Lorenor explained. "That doesn't really matter at this point anyway, I discovered it was a forgery." It still angered him at points that the followers of N'Jal were going to leave him out to dry...he shook his head. He didn't like contemplating the past too much. "I fought alongside Sei that night."

He vaguely recalled being able to defeat the same companions he was once loyal to. Lorenor looked up towards Kirin. "Sei offered me freedom from N'Jal." Lorenor recalled the long period of Reformation that he'd undergone. "The freedom cost me five long years..." He thought about what it was like being in isolation for five years...in that cell. When he'd emerged from the darkness at the end, he'd emerged something different. Something free of N'Jal's taint. He felt loyal to Sei ever since...

Lorenor shook his head for a moment as the painful memories of his past were recalled. "The Ixian's...we followed Sei. His word was decreed by a relic called The Tablet of Destiny." Lorenor recalled the old tablet with much fondness. A piece of history it was...until some idiot wrecked it shattering it into a million broken fragments.

In the process they destroyed everything that the Ixian Knights were about...

Lorenor looked at Kirin. "I'm sorry your Father abandoned you and your family." Lorenor was never really good at small talk, but he was trying and he rather enjoyed Kirin's company. In his mind, he saw his lover, the vampire Urei once more. Urei...where have you gone...? Lorenor thought to himself. He highly doubted the powerful Vampire would have gotten himself killed. They had always been a mysterious and powerful lot, those Vampires.

Lorenor leaned back and took a pull of some water from one of the waterskins he kept in his packs.

It would not be safe to venture out in the middle of the night, but in daybreak, they could travel and go where ever they needed to. "We'll stay here for the night." Lorenor offered. "Concordia is not safe at night..." Plus, the old Paladin wanted to get to know Kirin more.