Lorenor's eyes narrowed in deep thought as he observed the portal.

Where have I seen such things before...? Lorenor wondered for a moment or two, it would have needed some deep recollecting of his past, or many pasts, to come up with a suitable answer. The old paladin looked at the portal for a moment, it had a sort of corrupted tint to it. He'd sworn he'd seen something quite similar to that in the past...

He shook his head. Thinking like that without much academical evidence was going to hurt his brain...

...Lorenor looked in the general direction of the Kenku girl and her companion. Now...THAT...is something more familiar to me. He'd seen a Kenku or two in his life before. But he wasn't entirely certain. Though the features of the woman were definitely feminine it was difficult to discern. She was already blood-soaked from whatever...The Reavers... were. Again, all of this invoked a strange feeling of deja vu in the old man.

Where had something like this happened before? Lorenor let the boy's questions hang in the air between them for a moment or two. "Oh, where are my manners?" Lorenor asked to nobody in particular. "Name's Lorenor, and yes you're on Althanas good thing you stumbled upon us and not some hooligans of this or that sort. And yes you're on Althanas. in Concordia Forest to be exact." Lorenor explained. "More you say will come?" Lorenor asked. Lorenor observed the body of the mantis like reaver...it was huge.

And likely extremely deadly. He turned to look at the boy. "There are settlements nearby in this area. If there are more that will come...we must hold the line here." Lorenor explained. He didn't know what a reaver was...but it couldn't have been as bad as that time. The time with the crazy ass shape-shifter demon. That's when it was...! Lorenor recalled the time he'd fought alongside a different Adventurer to rid the world of a different sort of alien threat..

Lorenor readied his weapon...just in case.

"If more will arrive I am ready to fight...come what may." Lorenor said carefully.