The night wore on as Nosdyn trained his friend, Karl.

He'd met Karl one night after a botched run-in with Zack Blaze. The notorious adventurer. Nosdyn would settle things with Zack some day. As he finished the training session with Karl, he looked up and saw the night sky. The cloud that spewed ashfall for so long down on their world was still there. However, it no longer had any ash to dispense on top of their heads. Nosdyn figured it was time to relax at the local bar. He looked at his friend and follower. "Let's go get a drink and there we will discuss our next move." Nosdyn said calmly. Wiping sweat off his brow.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Karl said carefully. "There are people venturing out after the ash-fall stopped." Karl noted.

"It's still not safe to venture out because of the monsters the ash-fall has summoned from the darkness." Nosdyn looked at his friend. "Would be nice to see stars again for a change."

"How long do you reckon ash-fall lasted?" Karl asked.

"Been at least a year by my observations. It could have been really a lot worse. Still no word from any survivors from Lornius or there about." Nosdyn rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he gathered his gear.

"Hell of a thing to go through if you ask me." Karl said as they walked to the bar.

Nosdyn made sure to avoid the particular bar on the outskirts where he'd encountered Zack Blaze. THAT place was far too dangerous. Nosdyn chuckled thinking about how matter-of-fact Zack behaved. One day...I will get even with Zack.

"Thinking about that time again, boss?" Karl asked.

Nosdyn could only nod. "Yeah, Zack got me good that day. I underestimated him." Nosdyn nodded again. "But I did get a solid hit on him which does count for something...not sure what but it does count for something."

"You and your people are an interesting lot." Karl said. "Looks like we're here."

Ashfall had stopped falling for a few days at that point. People were only recently getting the news that it was safe to go out. Bars however, always seemed to have many souls to partake in local folklore and drink with. Those days however, Stonevale was not very festive as it was before Ashfall struck. However, the same could be said of most of Althanas proper. Still, they had survived. Nosdyn entered and waved towards the various employees of the bar. As he walked in he noticed Charles sitting there, a relative newcomer. His table was mostly empty. Nosdyn nodded towards Charls with a visible amount of respect. Then he walked over towards his usual table and sat down with Karl nearby. Nosdyn did not order anything right away, but Karl was famished and would order lots. Poor guy...probably not used to a militia style training routine. He will adapt. Nosdyn had many things on his mind, the primary thought was how they would rebuild their broken world...he kept eyeing Charles carefully noticing the fellow's appearance and attire. He's not from around here...then again...neither am I. He thought as he observed the denizens of the bar.