Friend?

I did not know if I could be included yet as this demon's friend. Although we looked similar - one with knowledge of races would say that I was a tiefling, and surmise that my ancestry involved demons, thus we could indeed be biologically even related - I did not know if I agreed with him. Friends were difficult to come by, especially when one had an ancient being living in one's skull. Body. Being.

I had a girlfriend, and that was good. But she was half succubus and had demons of her own. I also had my siblings, who I was close to. And Divinity, the demi angel who I had a close friendship due to the amount of times we had aided each other in times of trouble ... But this man? Now? Within just a few moments of meeting him?

And working with him. Or for him? That was not something I was comfortable with. Morningstar, my brother dearest, had kidnapped me several times and forced me to agree to work for him. For money, yes, but he had literally given me no choice. We had struck a deal and time later and a year after Ashfall and I was free to do as I willed.

At least to some extent.

Explain to him, Des whispered. To this demon. We could do with the distraction. The newness. So long as there is blood.

I grunted, shifting my weight and the glass in my hands.

"Working for you ... I'll work with you. Payment sounds decent, but I have issues with being under the command of people. I am my own man," I rolled back my shoulders as I sat up in my seat. "No offence. But give me tasks and I will do them. Besides -"

I indicated the young woman in the corner, who I just noticed had been watching us. Or looking in our direction. Or thrown us some attention.

"She looks interested too."