Divinity gasped, quickly turning around to face the being that has spoken. Her large, silky white wings dissolved back into the intricate tattoo that took up the entirety of her back. She shivered as the feathers melted into nothing but in, the wing tattoo stopping at the base of her spine.

Her plush lips parted slightly as she tucked a strand of her crimson locks behind her ear. “I am uncertain what a Paladin folk is but hello Lorenor of clan Paladin.” Her voice was soft, the sounds of bells tolling.

Her sharp forest green eyes washed over the being, she watched him closely having just been saved from an enslaving camp. Tilting her head slightly as she saw his armor but saw no sign of war. Glancing down at her own simple jade colored sundress the look of puzzlement masked her celestial features.

“Is there war about?” Her eyes darted from him to around the wooded area.

Charon had not spoke of a war, than again they had other things to worry about. Her face darkened with sadness as she had seen many of wars. Pointless greedy humans starving for more power or land. She clasped her hands in front of her.

He had asked her to dine with him, what a peculiar thing to ask a stranger. She studied him for a moment, the gleam in his eyes, she had seen it many times before. He was lonely, not the type of lonely that most men were that seek the company of a lover but one that wished to have a companion.

“Are you lonely, is that why you wish to dine with me? Do you need a companion?”

Her interaction with other beings was still foreign as she had spent years captured as a slave. She had only spent time with a few other living creatures but even then she felt odd.

Shaking her head she attempted again. “My apologies, I only mean why offer a stranger your time?”

Curiosity and suspicion swirled, mixing together as she had not wanted to come across ungrateful but also she was no longer naive thinking all beings were good. Pursing her lips she was certain that if he charged her she could use the power in her wings to push him back long enough for her to flee back to Charon’s flat, or even safety.