I turned around. At the overgrown road at the bottom of the hill, a caravan was halted. Wagons pulled by horses; full of various materials and equipment. Yet, one of the wheels to one of the front wagons was broken. Two men were trying to fix it.

One or two independent people were aside the wagons on unhitched horses, walking back and forth as to keep track of the supplies. Some included individuals in unfamiliar armor, all worn in union.

The person who called, however, was one of the merchants. A brown haired elf, he rode one of the front wagons in the parade of traders.

He motioned them to join the group. "Come 'ere!"

I glanced at Gwenael, who seemed quite interested in the party. He started down the hill towards them without me! I growled when he took the lead, but picked up my pack and followed him down.

After half walking half tumbling down the hill, we approached the merchant. He was wearing brown, simplistic clothes, save a crescent moon necklace made of bronze. He eyed us with friendly yet cautious eyes, studying us. "'Ya from around here, strange'as?

Next to me, Gwenael shook his head. "We hail from distant places few people here know of."

The man nodded, "Keribas dwellers, got it."

The merchant looked back towards the city, towards us, then pointed back the way he came. "You ain't planning on goin' there, aren't 'ya?"

Yes! I thought.

"No." said Gwenael.

The turned and glared at him.

"Good thing, young ones. That city is in anarchy! Better stay away from there, 'ya hear?"

I turned to face the the Elf again. So the fall of Radansanth was recent enough to remain in anarchy? ... Just how long could a city stay in anarchy until government took hold again? Months, as Gwenael described?

I scowled, frustrated and confused.

I felt weight on my shoulder.

"Where are you boys headed?" Gwenael was leaning on my shoulder. He was leaning on my shoulder! And he seemed so relaxed about it too! Legs crossed, he casually motioned towards the caravan with a smile on his face.

"The gate." The merchant responded.