Level completed: 87%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,107

GP

Name
    Ashla Rose Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/Elf Hybrid

View Profile
    Ashla briefly looked over to the woman who leaned against the wall, arms crossed. She narrowed her eyes at the ex-convict as she pulled out a wooden seat and sat down, facing the psychologist.

“Doctor Kalasanwe.”

Kalasanwe folded his hands, a small smile spreading across his face. “I take it you took time to socialize with other convicts before I pulled you out?”

Ashla leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms. She looked away as she spoke bitterly. “It’s hard to make friends around here.”

The doctor’s eyes narrowed. “Des it mean you should not try, however?”

Ashla’s heterochromic eyes narrowed further. She took a while before responding again. “… When everyone hates me for killing a family member or something, it’s difficult.”

The doctor leaned forward, his chair squeaking he lifted his folded hands to his lips in thought.

From the other side of the room, a strong cough was heard. Ashla’s eyes widened. She looked over to see the female dark elf standing up. “Perhaps we should focus on the reason you called her here, brother.”

Kalasanwe looked over to his sister, eyes widening as he smiled. “Of course, Turawyn.”

Ashla looked back to her doctor, rubbing one of her arms as she slouched a bit. “What’s going on?”

Turawyn rolled her eyes and started walking towards the desk. When she came closer, Ashla could smell heavy perfume on her. It was a bit too strong for her taste. Ashla lifted an eyebrow as the girl just sat on her older siblings desk. She shrugged. “Well, this whole rehabilitation place is going to take a major step in the world.”

A chuckle turned Ashla’s attention to Kalasanwe, who seemed rather excited for such a formal man. “Indeed!” He pulled his chair closer to the desk as he beamed. “We have just reached an agreement with Alerar’s GATE!”

This gave Ashla more questions than answers. “Gate?”

Turawyn spoke again, leaning on her arm. “Oh, you know. The organization working to make the world a bit better since the volcanoes and comets and stuff.”

“Meteor.” Kalasanwe corrected her.

“Whatever.” Turawyn started to play with her nails.

Kalasanwe turned his attention back to Ashla. “Yes, that GATE. Well…”

Kalasanwe leaned forward, hands on the desk in barely contained excitement. “… They allowed us the option to send one convict and a specialized guardian to their city as cadets.” On the emphasis on ‘one,’ the psychologist raised his pointer finger.

Ashla felt her excitement grow. Maybe this was it! Maybe now was the time to finally get out and do something! Then, her thoughts held her back. She realized she was a stranger in Alerar, someone with filthy high elf blood. She shrank as she realized what going to a place like that would do to her. Bad reputation, treated like dirt. That, on top of the fact that she was a prisoner, a criminal. Indeed, Ashla loathed being treated like she was insignificant….

Kalasanwe ignored her display of insecurity – he always noticed, but did not always point it out – and continued to speak. “I thought you would be the perfect candidate, Icebreaker.”

Turawyn looked up from her vanities, “And I’m the guard, by the way.”

Ashla’s face darted from the two dark elves directions. “Do I have any say in this?”

Turawyn shrugged. Kalasanwe slouched a bit, his smile fading. “Beggars cannot be choosers, Icebreaker. If you want redemption, you will take any opportunity thrown at you.”

Ashla sat straighter up, turning red. Of course she wanted redemption! Was this the only way, however? Surrounded by scoffers and oh so superior dark elves? “Do you know what those people would say about me?! Do to me!?”

Turawyn placed a hand on her chin, “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.”

Ashla glared at Turawyn with defiance. “I do not need your protection!” Her hands gripped the arms of her seat, “I can defend myself!”

“-Icebreaker-” Kalasanwe tried and failed to cool the girl off.

“You cannot make me go!” Ashla bolted up from her seat. “You cannot make me!”

Kalasanwe’s eyes narrowed again. He sat icily still. “Sit down, Ayleth.”

Icebreaker glared at Kalasanwe with hatred. “You keep me stuck here! Then you decide to send me off to-”

Turawyn was serious now, face tightened in a deep seriousness. She slid off the desk. “Don’t make me use the collar.”

Ayleth turned to her, taking a step forth. Her voice cracked. “Use it! I can take it!”

Turawyn reached into her pocket, but before she could use the device inside - “Turawyn, no.”

Kalasanwe looked at her with a calm expression, relaxed posture. “Ashla will take control of herself again.”

Ayleth looked back at Kalasanwe, fists tightened. “Ashla is weak!”

The doctor rose from his seat, towering above the women in the roof. He stepped to the side of his desk with an elegant stride. “Ashla,” Step by step, he drew closer to the mud elf. “Fight yourself. Win.”
    Last edited by Ashla; 09-02-2019 at 06:18 PM.

"I did what I had to do! Nobody was taking care of these murderers, slavers, robbers! The Rangers weren’t! The Bladesingers weren’t! Somebody had to do something! So I did. And I will extract justice onto every criminal in the world until there is only the good guys. I tried using mercy and compassion. Those don’t work. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and I will take every measure necessary to save the world.” ~ Ashla Icebreaker.