One more suggestion, as this has been on my mind, and is in regards to the bazaar. I know this is being looked at as it's been mentioned in passing but I imagine it's down the pecking order, so I'll just leave my thoughts here.

The bazaar, in my opinion, is underused for genuine power increases beyond roughly fifth level in many cases, and the reason is in part because costs dramatically increase while gold remains difficult to come by. I could net around 300-400 gold for writing a thread between 15-20 posts and scoring a 70. Yet the item I'm going for in my bazaar thread , which is admittedly quite powerful, is pricing in at over 33k gold. That is, quite frankly, unachievable. And as spoils like this are still calculated through bazaar rules before rolling through the rewards of writing a thread, it would still significantly dip into my gold even if I wrote a 70 scoring thread acquiring such an item. The discount just wouldn't be enough, even with me RP'ing the bazaar thread.

What does this cause? People work around the bazaar. As they get higher level, they skip items and just give themselves the inherent abilities/powers to do what otherwise the item itself would have. Why bother with effort and gold and AP if you can just add an ability without justification and just hit a power level in the ROG formula?

I think the ROG shouldn't have items that are unobtainable in the bazaar, but I do think these items should be more expensive. Simultaneously though, i think there should be a diminishing return effect of some kind in the mathematics behind the formula so that an epic item that is enchanted and comprised of multiple high-end materials starts to become cheaper with each additional ingredient. If I'm getting armor with five ancient dragonscales, charging the base increment on each scale is going to blow me out of the water. Charging a reduced value for the bulk ingredients might be more pragmatic.

Now to be clear, the item I'm requesting I still think should be clocking in at a minimum of 10k. After all, this is some legendary stuff here and extraordinarily rare and powerful. It shouldn't cost less than JDD's ship, and should maybe even cost more. 15k-20k is still somewhat reasonable. But the snag here is that even then, earning that kind of gold in character is impractical and forces a tremendous amount of OOC activity. You're talking probably 150 AP on top of say the 5k gold you earn by writing and participating in character. That's well over 30 workshops done thoroughly. No harm done for someone like me, as I do so many, but impractical on a community level.

TLDR
My overall suggestion is two fold. Increase gold rewards for in-character activity and/or reduce the scaling costs of purchasing high-end items so that characters over level 5 and even 10 have an incentive to go for such items rather than just writing abilities into their level ups that do the same job. That, or change how spoils are calculated/paid for when writing a thread where such epic items are earned so that legendary items are more accessible.