"So... what do I have to do then?" Azza asked, but she had barely finished the question before Rab's old home shattered into glittering dust. A light gust kicked up from somewhere and Rab's form shown with a subtle dusky light despite it being a little past noon before it took a running start to leap inside the outstretched longsword. Azza recoiled and dropped the sword, only catching it by the shoulder strap before it hit it sand. "H-hey what?! Don't I need to say something first?"

Rab soon jumped out from the scabbered longsword and sat before her with a scoff. "You already gave me permission, what else did you need?"

Azza gave the spirit a frown. "I figured we needed to say words to a pact or something."

"Feh. Old formalities thought up long ago so that the magi and highborn could feel more important than the pantaloons clinging to their arse."

"Are you going to be like this the whole time we're together? I'm starting to regret forming a partnership." Yet even as Azza said those words, there was no bite and instead only an amused grin.

Likewise, the dog's face shot back a rather wry look before it focused a ways away. "Perhaps, but that'll be for later - someone's coming."

"I thought this place was deserted."

"Well, yeah. You're in the old fishing village. Just over the crest and dunes there and you'll see a town and the main harbor in the cove. Too many big waves during storms hit this place you know?"

Before Azza could reply, she saw a rather curious looking creature walking- cantering- hopping? It was approaching closer. Before she could help herself, her hand moved to the hilt of the sword as she mumbled out to Rab, "Is it dangerous?"

"Oh yes, very. Blood-thirsty as hell and- oh, you're being serious? No! Unless you think child fauns to be a menace."

Azza frowned at Rab. "Considering that I've been stabbed by smaller and more adorable looking things than her, I err on the side of caution these days." No sooner had she finished, she saw the approaching faun girl within earshot. "Oh! Hey! Uhm. You live around here at all?"

Rab guffawed immediately. "Oh yeah! Not suspicious at all!"