That voice sounded familiar.

The man took one look over my shoulder then turned and hastily walked off. “You’re a waste of time!”

Fresh anger pulsed through Felicity’s veins. She crossed her arms, “Fine!”

Then, she turned around. She recognized him immediately. Hayate Amatsukami. She had met him once, in the Citadel. It had been a year ago that the battle had taken place. Now, the Akashiman man looked different. He appeared older, more weary, by nature. He still maintained that proper dress code of his, even if he seemed less… dedicated… his clothing were more wrinkled and unkempt. One feature stuck out more than any other, however…

“Nice arm.”

Felicity missed a single beat, then backed up as her face burned red. “I mean – it’s nice to see you again! Like – ugh –“ She almost asked if it hurt too much when she “killed” him, but realized that was a bad direction too.

As she flustered, it could be easily noticed that she herself had changed since the past year. She was no taller, yet still seemed a bit more mature. Her hair used to be pulled back, but with the cold weather and lack of care was now let down, longer. She wore darker clothes, on the heavier side, which helped cope in the cooling climate. Her outfit carried the necessities. No fashion or personal flare aside the green color scheme. It was as if she could care little for her looks anymore. As she now had a place in the Brotherhood, she no longer carried every possession on her back. No, the only weapon on her person was a dirk.

Yet, the awkwardness she showed proved how she technically was still a bit of a child.

“-I mean!” She finally calmed down, lifting her fist to her mouth and clearing her throat. She lowered it again, extending a hand to shake his “real” hand. She offered up a shy smile, “How are you, Hayate?”