Sage Ainsworth watched with no small amount of curiosity as the girl carefully found a path off the unstable hill of broken wood and down onto something more stable. Now that she was closer, he was able to see the face that went along with those beautiful curled golden locks. There was an elusive hint to what may have been an inhuman ancestor to her features. It was subtle though, of so very subtle that if the wind had not been as strong as it was and had allowed him to see the slight points of her ears then he could have been second guessing himself.
He smiled politely to give her an honest answer, or at least he was until her question registered in his mind causing the boy to momentarily pause.

"What, my robe?" He said slowly repeating her question over again and looked down inquisitively at his own robe so as to inspect it for himself. The dark grey robe was from the Velathra magic academy that was located in a different world and as of this moment was the only one of its kind on Althanas.

It was something made for an academy student, meant for quiet and warm elven halls and labyrinthian libraries. It was not made for the ransacked remains of a port town with a blustery and temperamental ocean wind that seemed quite intent of riling up the ocean for a second go. The girl certainly had a point her thought amused, but he did not feel all that particular cold mostly due to his own cloak that had done a superb job at keep the biting cold wind at bay.

"Well, I guess the weather is very bitter right now. but I have another layer of clothing underneath this robe" He said with an earnest smile despite only a moment ago had been blindsided by the question. "And, um your welcome?"
And then he was back to feeling off put.

Why had she thanked him? Was it for warning her about the unstable hill? If so, he did not think that there was any particular need for her to thank him, he liked to think he would have done the same for anyone.

Honestly, he was not sure what to make of the stranger other than his immediate fondness for her golden locks. For a moment she seemed to gain a thousand-yard stare, like she was not even looking at him but was thinking or debating about something else instead.

"Are you ok? you looked quite lost right now" Sage asked hoping that it would be enough to bring her back to the present.

He looked around him and down at of soaked splinters that surrounded him as though to try and glean an answer. It would stand to reason
she was a traveller just like him, and just like him she must not have been able to recognise one inch of the mess that had once been Scara Brae.

Perhaps she was looking for a certain place?

"Hmm, I think this area was a storage warehouse once." He said not entirely sure if he was correct. Since his last trip to Scara Brae had been so disastrous. He had childishly turned to his own books for comfort and had looked into maps of the port town that were two years out of date. All so that if there was ever a “next” time he would have been able to navigate the streets from memory alone.

It was a shame that was now unable to recall half of what he had thought he had memorized.

"Not that anyone could tell by looking at it." He sadly remarked and idly flicked a plank of wood with the toe of his boot. "This area was the hardest hit by the calamity, so a lot of this area has not yet been properly surveyed."

It was difficult to stay apathetic to the wanton destruction, even though it had been a few days and most of the survivors had been dug out, Sage had still summoned his familiar, just in case.

“Sorry, where are my manners? My name is Sage Ainsworth. Welcome to what is left of Scara Brae”