A month later-

Nosdyn noticed it before they noticed him. He was more careful at that point, his senses having gotten sharper. That particular time, he was traveling alone, or at least the perception of being alone. This is a thinking man's game... He was reciting the precepts of his Father. "Do you think I do not know you are there?" Nosdyn said out loud into the streets around him. "You're pretty sloppy tails, I have had you figured for a least a few yards now." Nosdyn said.

From out of the shadows, three black-cloaked individuals stepped out. "You..." Nosdyn said carefully. He was reminded of the first night he'd met the friend he lost over his current trials and tribulations. But something was different...these were not Undead. "You wear their robes but you are no followers of N'Jal."

The leader of the three nodded. "You have agreed to our terms then?"

Nosdyn folded his arms across his powerful chest for a moment. And looked at the man. "I have conditions." Nosdyn said. Always come at your enemy from the side. Never let them see the dagger that pierces their vitals... Nosdyn tossed the parchment he had in his possession at the man's feet.

The man bent down to pick it up and ripped the folder hastily open, pulling the document out. "Bullshit." The man suddenly said.

Nosdyn raised an eyebrow. "The information is all there. I have samples but that will cost you extra." Nosdyn said.

"You are saying...we can break the bonds of N'Jal forever?" He suddenly said.

Nosdyn nodded. "There's more...but it's not that simple and will not be easy for you to hear." Nosdyn pulled out what they wanted to see from his pouched, the strange phial containing the synthetic black ichor. Nosdyn and his followers were the only ones capable of producing that substance.

The three individuals whispered with each other for a few moments. "That's the real deal then?" The fellow asked.

"Think this through VERY carefully." Nosdyn said calmly. "This is a one time offer."

"We COULD just gank you right now and take it from you." The arrogant man said.

Wrong move. Nosdyn thought quietly.

A moment later they were no longer alone. The spell the Priests of NOSDYN had to hide themselves with faded and ten people appeared from out of nowhere. Another individual, lowered her hood and walked next to Nosdyn revealing herself to them.

The man and his companions knew they had just been played. "What the fuck they been here this whole time?" He asked.

"Shit's different now. Thieve's guild TRASH." Nosdyn suddenly said. "There is a new kingdom now. The time of The Syndicate had dawned. I will only ask you one more time, will you agree to help us or not?" Nosdyn said calmly.

The suffering of the three Thieve's guild members had lasted several hours into the night.

The leader was killed by Illsandra who slit his throat herself. Nosdyn was sending all the "underworld" elements of Ettermire a message.

This was HIS kingdom now.

One of The Undead scouts walked up towards Nosdyn with the item that Nosdyn had been after. The thieves DID actually have it with them. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes as he looked at the item in question. Studying it for a moment. "It's a fake." Nosdyn said and tossed to the side. At least the Thieves guild lackeys were a little bit smarter than he gave them credit for.

"We're back to square one." The Undead said quietly.

"No..." Nosdyn said. "These will even though they are dying will be of use." Nosdyn said. "Turn them we will need their aide even in Undeath. These will NOT be privy to the black blood. Make them work for it." Nosdyn ordered. He looked at his mate, Illsandra. "What is your word, my lady?"

"We're getting closer." She said.

Nosdyn nodded. "There is a Temple in The Under. Been there the whole fucking time." Nosdyn said.

She leaned in close to him, and he wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her close. Champion and student. "What will we do when we find it?" She asked quietly.

"Those...are servants of N'Jal. Those we kill. To send her a fucking message." And Nosdyn kissed his mate deeply as his servants, The Undead, were already turning the bodies of The Thieves with their powers of depravity.