Ayvriel Leviasi ia Saiph
Location | Outskirts of the city formerly known as Anebrilith, Raiaera

A favour?

Even as Mikael regarded her, his sapphire eyes intent, the smile she graced him with became soft and fond. With her head inclined and gaze adoring, Ayvriel drank in the sight of her brother, for the last time they were together was over the celebrations of the winter solstice.

His form poised and his demeanour calm, the older elf appeared unchanged over the months they have been apart. A familiar moue found its way to her lips when he began to walk, casting a shadow over her fair mien and inadvertently drawing her thoughts to their stature. Even in her heeled boots, the heir and scion of the Leviasi ia Saiph towered over her.

But his words chased away the gossamer wisps of her vexation.

“Oh,” she replied in a faint voice, chastised.

Her pallor became pale as she began to realise the folly of her little jaunt. Even when she has made mention of her intent to wander through the woods towards Anebrilith to quite a few curious villagers who has spoken to her, none of them has mentioned that there has been sightings of the undead. It was only with Mikael’s voiced insight that it dawned on the spellsinger that she did remember wondering to herself as to why the villagers seemed faintly ill of ease.

“I did not hear any news of the undead when I was in the village…” Ayvriel uttered, her words leaving her in a hesitant manner as she knew it was a poor reasoning. A sour tendril of guilt coiled low in her belly, as the gentle murmur of her brother’s voice only meant he was worried for her wellbeing. Finding herself regretful, her crystalline eyes were cast towards the ground as she apologised, “Forgive me for my imprudence, Mika.”

The fledgling spellsinger was still and silent as she allowed the older elf to assess her form, her heart warmed by his act of care. Her arms were taken in his hands as he checked for tears and wounds, her head was raised as his piercing gaze continued on its unrelenting trail over her person. Be it providence, be it the stars guiding her, the maiden found her way to the villa unharmed, never wiser as to the dangers that lurked behind the foliage.

Ayvriel preserved a solemn mien, until the soothing whisper of her brother’s familiar magic coursed through her own magical pathways. Even while the maiden has anticipated the calm sea and clear skies sensation lacing with her own, it made her the tip of her nose itch. Closing her eyes as she wrinkled her nose in hopes of alleviating the tingling, the subtle shift escaped her… until a warmth cupped her face–

Eep!

–and squished her cheeks without any mercy.

And his stern demeanour and firm lilt only quailed her.

“I– I was looking for this,” she stammered, her words spilling out with a faint lisp even as she raised her precious treasure and held it carefully towards Mikael. The music box was worn, its pale blue faded and revealing peeks of its original lightwood. But even then, one could see the filigree traces of silver vines that once adorned it. “I wanted to have a token of… us… before I truly started on my journey.”

Ayvriel peered up at her brother from between her lashes, looking imploringly at him in silent hopes that he would understand and forgive her.

“If I knew, I would have been more careful!” she was swift to add. “Why did you come after me anyway? When I asked after you, mama mentioned that you were still deep in your studies… and that you were not be leaving home for the foreseeable future.”