Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    "Fight back!" She yelled at him "You killed my Sister but now don't want to fight back against me?" She laughed at that point.

Days. It had been days. He held back because of Illsandra and Xyllea. Everything they'd taught him. If...this was his fate he had accepted it would be so. He'd stopped talking days ago. He knew hatreds, he knew racism...if this was going to be his end he accepted it. He'd grown numb at that point. .

"If you will not defend yourself, the next time you wake up will be at your execution." She threatened and knocked him out with the same augmented object.

While he was under...he saw her. He saw Illsandra's ghost. She walked up to him. "Be strong." She said softly to him.

When he became aware again...he was at a gallows. No audience present...no friends...nobody would come to save him. He'd die that day...a dog's death. A traitor's death. Illsandra's sister was present along with a single Executioner, and a Priest. Likely to read him his last rites. He sighed. Father...I failed us. He thought quietly to himself, completely defeated. He would not look away from his fate, he would not shy away from the fact he was going to die.

She walked up to the gallows and looked up towards him. "You are going to be held responsible for her death, this I swear."

Nosdyn didn't care anymore. He just nodded quietly his will to fight was gone at that point. He'd been defeated by racism, not on the field of battle in a distant land. It was cold, angry racism. It wasn't The Champion's death his Father always promised him. The thought repeated itself in his head. Father...I have failed.

The Executioner prepared to swing his weapon. Nosdyn made sure to not look away from it, he would allow himself this one final act of bravery and courage. Then something happened...the axe like weapon broke in half on Nosdyn's skin. The blade portion slid to the ground Nosdyn barely felt the crack against his strong flesh.

Illsandra's sister was incredulous as she saw what happened. "What the fuck?" She looked at the Executioner.

"It broke..." He was too stunned to believe what he had just seen.

Just then...a group of people showed up on the gallow grounds. One of the men, Nosdyn recognized as being one of Lancaster's allies. "This ends right now." The man commanded. Everyone turned to look at the newcomers. "You red taped this operation...illegally I might add. Took us a bit of time to find this location." The man walked over towards Nosdyn's position. "Forgive us my lord." The man himself, removed Nosdyn's bonds.

The men were going to arrest Illsandra's Sister. But just then...

Nosdyn walked over towards her. "Her reasons were misguided but she was also hurt by Illsandra's death." Nosdyn said calmly.

Her Sister, stunned by what she was hearing looked at him. "Mercy it will be now?'

Nosdyn sighed. "You might never fully understand what me and your Sister had. But I hope someday you do...and can find peace with yourself as I have."

Nosdyn was taken home that day.

Xyllea was at the front of The Safe House waiting for him, she ran towards him. "Nosdyn!" She called her husband. "By Lloth,I was so worried, I was so scared."

Nosdyn nodded. "It's over now. I'm home." He was in a lot of pain.

"What did they do to you?" She asked, tears flowed from her eyes.

"She was going to kill me. It was one of Illsandra's Sisters. She was saying I killed her myself." Nosdyn sighed, never had he so completely accepted his fate. He was tired, tired of it all at that point. "I'm really hurt." He meant that more physically than anything else.

"The Lancaster people told me what happened. It had been over a month since you went missing..." She sighed. "I'm just glad you're home now."

"Xyllea....she blamed ME for what happened." At that point, he could not hold it in anymore, in front of his wife...he cried.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-17-2019 at 10:17 PM.