A few nights later...

N'Jal awoke her Champion, Nosdyn. "My Champion, there is a matter we must discuss."

He nodded towards her. "What is it?"

N'Jal had a concerned expression on her face. "I have found out through divination and scrying a former ally of yours will be leading The Ettermire forces on that day."

Nosdyn thought about what his Master was telling him. "Lancaster's son." The realization came to him right away, he would have been a General by that point.

N'Jal nodded. "He will tempt you...promise you things."

Nosdyn listened carefully to what she was saying. "How do I prepare?"

By that point, Nosdyn wore the attire of an N'Jal Acolyte. But the symbols were for him alone, as her champion. He'd always preferred leather style armour anyway, it offered more mobility.

He trained with N'Jal and The Priestess until the eve of the chosen day.

N'Jal spoke to him. "You have been well trained for today. Go. Remember what I've taught you, do not take ANYTHING they offer."

General Llukai Lancaster looked on the field ahead. The opposing faction, a rival cult or guild...stood directly opposite them. No more than sixty or so strong. Llukai chuckled, this would be a slaughter. One of his scouts, a scryer approached him.

"General, there's a problem." The man said.

Llukai raised an eyebrow. "What sort of problem?" He asked.

"There is an outside element." The man said. He showed him the scrying tool. On the west ridge of the field, a lone individual stood there. He wore marks that Llukai had no knowledge of.

"The symbols on that one's attire...what do they mean?" Llukai asked.

The man looked at Llukai and spoke very carefully. "You are not going to like this...it's one of N'Jal's. But only one so far...and the interloper has not acted yet."

Llukai was deeply troubled. He had no knowledge of any of her Temples in that area. He sighed. "As long as the outsider does not intervene...we continue as planned."