Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Tharak son of Nosdyn was in the alchemy lab with Lilly. They were both writing that night, trying to compile everything they had learned thus far. Primarily of interest to Tharak personally was his father's teachings about their legacy. They had been working on this for many nights.

Lilly looked at Tharak. "We can take breaks when you are tired you know...it is no good to keep pushing yourself so hard." She smiled softly at her mate.

Tharak had not even realized how long it had been since the last time they took a break. He blinked when she spoke and jotted own one more set of notes, he closed his journal and placed it on the bookshelf. He walked over towards Lilly, she sat at the alchemy table. "I'm sorry to have worried you. I needed to be certain my people's culture was never lost. But yes, you're right...it's okay to take breaks." He sat down on the chair next to hers.

"Something troubles your father." Lilly said to him.

Tharak nodded. "I know...I have known for a long time now. He's getting older...by my people's reckoning he'd be over five hundred years old by now." Tharak sighed at that point. "It's been haunting him...for many years now I think."

Lilly placed her hand on the side of her companion's face. "He's scared...probably of his own mortality." She told him.

Tharak nodded. "You told me once...eventually all things wither and die. The teachings of N'Jal yes?"

She nodded. "Yes...the master is also concerned for your father's well being. She won't let anything harm him...not even death itself." She said at that point.

"Her power is considerable." Tharak said to her, admiring the powers N'Jal had mastery over. "But yes, we should rest tonight. I lose track of time sometimes." He said to his companion. "When that happens you have my permission to remind me." He said with a soft smile on his face. "Lilly...you've already taught me so much." He reached forward and kissed her deeply...

The kiss was long and passionate, he'd grown used to having her around. Since the moment they first met...there was something that just felt right to him. He held her close to him as they kissed each other. At some point the kiss ended and he smiled at her running his hand gently through her hair. "You have more beauty than I have ever seen in any other woman." Tharak said to her quietly.

She nodded. "Thank you...in Ettermire it must have been hard with all the dark elves there."

"I never could bring myself to take one as a companion...there were a few who tried. Some who were interested...but after what happened to my father cause of Xyllea, I could never accept a partner like that." He sighed. But kept his eyes locked on her own. "You...are the only woman I have ever loved Lilly." He told her just then. He said it simply and plainly, as his father often spoke. Unlike his father though, he did not have the same difficulty sharing his emotions and feelings. He'd been raised by dark elves...

"Tharak...thank you. I love you as well...since that first night we met and you accepted me." Lilly said in response.

It was interesting hearing that from her. He smiled softly. "Let's go to bed and call it a night, we're both probably a little tired and there are matters to take care of." He told her with a sly wink.

She got his meaning right away, the man she'd slept in the same bed with for all those years. "I will never say no to you." She said and they both went to their bed.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-26-2019 at 04:13 PM.