Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    His heart sank...he knew what he was seeing, what he had interrupted. He saw Tharak, Lilly and Llukai and his companion being attacked by N'Jal and her most loyal subjects.

"Stop!" Nosdyn yelled.

N'Jal seemed sincerely shocked by hearing his voice.

"You...how did you know this was about to happen?" N'Jal asked, incredulous.

"That does not matter. I know why this is being done, you are afraid of me. Let them go...you can deal with me yourself." Nosdyn said, he walked over towards N'Jal, unafraid.

"You know what you are asking, do you not?" N'Jal responded.

Nosdyn nodded. "I know betrayal. This is not the first, nor the last time it will happen to me. Let my friends go then you can have your way with me." Nosdyn told her.

Tharak son of Nosdyn looked a this father, there was a fear in his eyes. "N'Jal, my father speaks the truth."

N'Jal considered what she was hearing. "Your life in exchange for your friends and your son then?" She asked.

"That is the bargain, if you let them go I will offer you no resistance. You can smite me where I stand." Nosdyn took one last look at his son. Their tribe was a tribe that fights. "Take care of Llukai, my son." He said to Tharak.

Tharak nodded as he took Llukai and the other's hands in his own hands. He walked to Xelldra. "There isn't much time..."

"My place is by your father's side." She said with a finality.

Nosdyn nodded, and placed his two weapons on the ground before N'Jal. "You let them leave, I am yours to break."

Nosdyn was used to pain...suffering...

What N'Jal did to him drowned out his own screams days prior.

Father...maybe this is fitting for us...a fitting end... He thought to himself he'd passed out days prior.

N'Jal was in his mind torturing him with her power. You are wrong on one point, Nosdyn. She told him. This is not the end for you...but rather...a new beginning.

What do you want from me? Nosdyn asked of her. You have already won.

You have a genetic marker I am interested in...I had to be certain you held this within your blood. N'Jal said.

You are afraid of me... Nosdyn said. Why did you lie to me? Why did you name me your champion...

You are a confused child, Nosdyn. I did not lie to you...I gave you what you wanted so long our go. Do you remember our original commitment?

The first contract... Nosdyn sighed.

What did you ask for? She asked of him.

A purpose... He responded.

I gave you that purpose each time you made love to the broken carcasses of the fallen. Every one of my creations I made for you to strengthen with your blood and seed...to make them warmer. Did you think this was all a mere coincidence? She asked.

Nosdyn shook his head. I suspected...

You manufactured an entire generation of my followers with your own seed. While she tortured him, she slapped him hard. These are your own offspring you bastard.

I did only as you commanded me to. Nosdyn said. That you are afraid of me now...of what me and you have created together...that is not my fault.

Your genetics, your seed did this Nosdyn. They have twice rebelled against me because of you. This won't happen again you are going to die, son of Tharak. She said...

Do it. Finish me then... Nosdyn said suddenly. Not like this...I wanted a warrior's death on some distant battle field. I deserved more...I deserved a better more fitting end than this. He could not bring himself to face N'Jal once more. The cycle of betrayal had been completed. Thrice at that point, three different Ettermire women betrayed him. He started to cry at that point not for himself...but for his seed his children. We spawned a whole race together they will not have a father once you do this.

That...did something to N'Jal. She could have smote Nosdyn right where he laid on the ground, but she hesitated for a reason...it was new. Suddenly, A third presence entered Nosdyn's mind. N'Jal looked at Xelldra as she entered Nosdyn's mind...

That was the last thing Nosdyn remembered...

He came to some time later. Days had passed after the horrible torture session was completed. Xelldra was standing next to him, as was Llukai, Tharak and their women.

Xelldra had her hand on his face. She was crying, they all were. "I am so sorry to have put you through this."

Nosdyn sighed, he was in pain from the unspeakable things N'Jal did to him. "It was not your fault..." He said very weakly. "I kept thinking the whole time I just wanted a warrior's death. My people deserve a warrior's death. Being smote by N'Jal is no way to die. How am I still alive?"

"I saved you." She said plainly. "You gave me and the sisterhood a reason to exist beyond N'Jal." Nosdyn realized the entire host of N'Jal and his own creations was in the huge room with him. "You gave us courage to resist N'Jal's will."

"And N'Jal...?" Nosdyn had to ask, he had to know. "What of N'Jal?"

"Banished. For now...there will be other temples, other followers. But we are all free now of her curse."

Nosdyn nodded he was still in a great deal of pain. "My Father would have been proud of you all." He smiled weakly.

Llukai walked over to the bed that Nosdyn laid in. "I have some contacts here in Ettermire, we are safe. I pulled in some favours and explained our situation to them. I finally was able to save you for a change, instructor."

"Thank you all...I cannot express how glad I am for you all she did horrible things to me..." He looked at Xelldra. "She was scared of me...of us...of what we could become on our own."

"It was not her intent to kill you." Xelldra explained. "But rest I will explain it all for when you recover your strength."
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 03-26-2020 at 10:50 PM.