He was watching her closely the entire time, his expression was stoic he was going to see where this all went.

Truth or dare now is it...I get the feeling she is trying to hard to play at something she is not. Archanex was merely guessing there, he had seen a lot and been through a lot in his old age to know a thing a two about dark intentions...yet he went along with the whole thing. The game intrigued him that much. He had nowhere near the grace that she had in her step so he had to walk much more carefully than she did.

There were also half-truths in her words...he wondered about what she was saying. What she was choosing to tell to him. She's lived out here her whole life...by herself...she is hiding far more than what she appears here... He suddenly stopped walking at that point. "Truth or dare you say? I actually do enjoy a nice game of truth or dare." Archannex said...in the past he would have eagerly helped the woman to his death.

But because of her...because of Miranda there was something else there now a different and far darker motivation. He thought of what Miranda, the mistress would have him do.

He looked at her his expression was serious for a moment. "I think you were not from a wealthy family. The rest of what you are telling is probably half-truths if not out right lies." Archanex suddenly said hoping to throw her completely off guard. "You stated that you lived here in the marsh your entire life how can you come from a wealthy background? Truth or dare you say...it is my turn to tell you the same thing." He became suddenly very serious.

"I am a hero." Archanex told the outright lie first...he wanted to have her be afraid of him...the moment of charades was over. "I have saved people my entire life."

"The second thing, I have lived in libraries most of my adult life seeking knowledge and power." He said to her.

"My people are from another planet, not originally from Althanas itself." He figured telling her the whole truth at that point would not matter anymore...there was something else going on there. She is after something else and it is not pleasant at all... His face was extremely serious at that point. "The damage to the bridge I saw earlier...that was you doing that was it not? You can be honest with me here its just me and you out here, no judges no law enforcement no one to persecute you." Archanex said with a serious tone. "I'm not sure why you would deliberately sabotage a bridge but the more I have gotten to know you the more I can only guess that it is an extremely bad intent you have here."

The intent to cause harm and panic... The overmage took a step or two backwards. They had gone deep into the marsh at that point and he had not noticed up until that she was deliberately LEADING him someplace. "The person I am protecting trained me...to handle severe situations." Archanex explained at that point. "I know you have power within you. It is a gift of my people to know the arcane arts. Think on this after...I went along anyway with whatever you have planned." Archanex rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Your turn to guess which one of mine is the lie." I am a Hero...repeated itself in his head over and over. Miranda had already broken the old sorcerer long before the woman before him could ever have...he was used to pain.