Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Of course, it was obvious that such a direct, unstrategic attack would not land. This was especially the case with a clever mage like Rehtul Orlouge. Indeed, a massive disk formed and proceeded to slam into Felicity's stomach. The wet ground caused her to practically fall back, ramming into one of the mushroom trees. The earthy, softer flesh of the plant only cushioned the attack a little. Sure, Felicity had a remarkable pain tolerance, but this thing just creamed her!

Felicity's nuclear energy slipped away, allowing her to feel the full pain echoing from her ribs to the rest of the body. She lifted the disk, almost casually, and shoved it aside. Still, for a moment she struggled to get up. The ground slipped from beneath her, causing her bum to hit the ground again. In pain, coated in mud, bleeding from her arm, and being slightly dazed left her in an uncomfortable situation.

This isn't going well...

It was time to take a step back and assess the situation. Felicity knew now that direct attacks did nothing. How could she take the time to think, however, when Rehtul worked best keeping her at range?

Using the mushroom to balance herself, she stood to her feet using a free hand to fix one of her rib bones, visibly in pain, Felicity glared hard at Rehtul before reaching down and pulling out her knife. Hoping to distract him for a moment, she threw it like a spear at him before bolting towards the deeps of the forest. Using the mud to her advantage, she slid as she used the mushroom trees to steady herself. Ducking behind a large, red shroom, the girl panted as she recollected her bearings.

It was obvious direct attacks did not work, yes. However, Felicity noticed something. Rehtul did not use direct attacks either. He used maneuvering skills and ranged attacks to keep her away from him. His weakness, Felicity realized, was close quarters. She needed to corner him, as she excelled in melee and unarmed squabbles. Yet, how to get there?

Felicity reached down and with a grubby hand, pulled out an iron arrow from the quiver in her belt. She had lost her bow, two arming swords, and a knife to the murky ground now. She was lucky she still had arrows and her katana, Copycat.

She hastily devised a plan. She took all her arrows and pressed them against her arm, careful not to cut herself further. Drenching the iron tips in her radioactive blood, she darted from the mushroom to face Rehtul.

Instead of charging straight towards him, Felicity took a more zig zagging pattern. Once again using mud to hasten her movements; whenever she rested one hand against a tree for stability, she chucked an arrow with her powerful arm and ducked behind the fungi before darting out again. She tossed another arrow as she made way from one shroom to another, then hid again before running from a random side. She hoped the erratic pattern and poisoned arrows would be distracting enough to get close to him. If she did, she would pull Copycat out and try to corner him enough to engage in direct melee combat.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 04-07-2020 at 11:40 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.