The walk across the tower was slow, compared to the insane race that was their journey here. Felicity was taken aback by Gwenael’s new mood. He was no longer fidgety and swift, but slow and depressive. His wings had just dissipated after a while of being dragged on the ground, and he was running his hands along the elaborate side of the bridge wall as he seemed lost in thought. His amber eyes were glazed by multitudes of stars and shapes, all covering even his irises from clear view. His light was dimmer, and he even seemed older, his skin wrinkled like he was in his late middle ages.

Felicity shuddered as they made their way across the cool, dim landscape. She noticed that the louds had changed. Their shades were deeper and it sounded like a great thunder rumbled within them. The very energy glowing around the tower was weaker, slower, and the colors were far more natural than before. Even the pavement of the bridge was black. Was it that Gwenael’s mood shifted the setting of his entire realm?

Despite the extreme length and size of the bridge, they made it to the other side in a relatively short amount of time. She noticed that the clock hands had hardly moved from where they started. Did time itself speed or slow at Gwenael’s command here? So much was going on right now, Felicity raised a hand to her forehead as they traversed the dark gardens an yards. They passed what felt like a forest of time telling devices and withering trees before they made it to the hundred steps up to the door. Felicity was out of breath again as they made way up the steps. As they climbed under the shadow of the doors, Gwenael spoke for the first time since the encounter with the Thayne of the Sea.

“Things are growing hectic in the rest of Phantaria. Dangerous. And the Thayne have decreed that if I brought you here, I keep you within my own realm.”

Felicity was both disappointed and relieved about this. She had wanted to explore all of Phantaria’s heights until Am’aleh came along. That experience genuinely terrified her just by that Thayne being present. Turning to face Gwenael, he was eying her with a knowing expression. “I forget the impact most Thaynes can leave on mortals. We are a different breed than humanity, and we tower over all the Old Gods made.”

Felicity was delighted by Althanas’ history, and her family itself had casually worshipped the Thayne, but today brought a whole new meaning to them. They stopped in front of the door, and Felicity hugged herself as her fears grew.

“Do not worry,” Gwenael smiled, “In this tower, none of the others will come close to you. This is my home.”

Felicity gave him a small smile as he used a single hand to casually open one of the doors. Felicity peered into the darkness as Gwenael opened the other door. “Welcome to my Clocktower, Rhyolite.”