Mikael Leviasi ia Saiph

The shifting sand dunes and howls of the wind provided Mikael with no landmarks, perhaps more importantly no place to shield him from the sun. The heat was unbearable, but Mikael knew his magic’s limit to regulate his body’s temperature.

If just barely.

His brother on the other hand appeared positively delightful, the stark contrast between the two only grew Mikael’s annoyances. The twin brothers continued to walk through the desert beneath the tortuous heat from the sun above, not even a single cloud to even provide the glimmer of hope for shade.

Sand shifted beneath their feet as the two walked briskly across another dune, the wind slowly picked up but only swashing heated air across their faces. Mikael grimaced as he breathed deeply, his runes glowed slightly, his magic being poured out to counteract the sweltering weather.

“Why, in the many gods above, are we here Yvrael?” Mikae asked pointendly, his voice dripped with frustration, but the heat would no doubt dry up even his anger.

Yvrael turned around, his eyes shimmered, the azure iris matched Mikael’s own but without the searing animosity. “Well, for a talk obviously! Somewhere less stuffy than back home, somewhere with fresh air and a brilliant sun.”

Mikael’s eyebrow raised, and his sneer only grew as he let out an exasperation. “But why here specifically?”

“You haven’t gotten any sun since I left for the Skyknights. So I figured you can get all the sunlight you missed in a single day.” Yvrael answered as a matter of fact.

This nearly broke Mikael as he collapsed upon the sand beneath him, his hands outstretched behind him to stop himself from laying down. Yvrael only laughed as he sat in front of his distraught brother, but instead on the sand itself a stone magically appeared beneath him.

Mikael looked inquisitive at the stone, a strange sensation of coldness emitted from it, but before he could question his brother, he felt himself lifted and found himself sitting on a stone. The magic taught to Yvrael was much different from Mikael, but instead of defiantly challenging his brother, Mikael accepted the gift. The incalescent weather was certainly strong enough to soften Mikael’s old habits with his twin brother.

“So, what is it you wanted to talk about? For I would like to make it quick, even if we have these cold stones to keep us from sweltering.” Mikael's voice held no less annoyance, even with the unbearable heat becoming slightly bearable.

Not like Mikael would ever admit to it outloud.

Yvrael leaned forward, moving slightly closer to his brother, his smile never waned as he spoke, “-Mika, you fret too much for your own good you know.”

“And you are too careless.”

The twin brothers gave one another a knowing look, Mikael for his part casted his gaze towards the sand below. Yvrael continued, “-I’ll ask father to relax your studies so you can enjoy some fresh air, I can only imagine how cooped up you feel inside that library, like a caged falcon.”

“You shouldn’t bother Father with such a request Yvrael.”

Mikael took a moment to look into his brother’s eyes, and the twin pair of beryl gems that matched the blue skies above.

Both nodded as Mikael began to chant, a small growth from the sand dune began until it became large enough to provide shade for the two twin brothers.