Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Mercantile is basically just for purchases, or sales of items that he has acquired through quests.
No problem with this at all, thank you!

Evaluation is just a vague, guesstimate for items. He can't tell exactly what it might be worth, but can get a vague guess as to the value. It would more be like a person who sells jewelry seeing a diamond ring and guessing at it's worth without doing a thorough evaluation. I could guess the ring is $8k, but without looking at the diamond it could be plus or minus 20% of that. I was thinking that it would be more like if he sees a weapon or other item in a quest he could guess at it's worth to whether he wants to take it or not.
As long as this ability does not affect the base tier price of requested spoils, bazaar items or any other standardised Althanas materials, I have no problem this this. If you DO want this to affect prices of items (and not just guess them), you'll need to re-word the ability in future with some clear definitions of what, by how much and how. For now, though, I would say this is more of a skill than an ability and therefore won't count towards your TPL.

Sixth-sense is a gut feeling, like anyone has, but it is a little more pronounced and typically acted upon. It is definitely more off-hand than anything. That doesn't mean that he knows when a situation is advantageous or a disadvantage every time. Example: he stabs an opponent and it would seem like he has an advantage due to the wound, but that person becomes stronger when they're injured - he wouldn't know that but he would have a good feeling about the situation. On the other hand, if he knows of a famous Althanas member from rumors he would feel far more at a disadvantage in a situation like that due to their rapport, whether that's the case or not.
Finally, on this ability, are there any limitations or activation clauses? Or is this a passive ability that is active 24/7?

We're nearly there, buddy.