"I can be a positive role model," she said with some certainty, knowing it to be true. At least she had been told that she was plenty of times. Her whole past twenty years had been dedicated to empowering women to the point of independence. Over half of brothels in Radasanth now thrived under her Matron scheme, where the whores essentially were self employed and were able to keep a healthy profit of their earnings after paying room and board fees to the brothel. Her army also was fully trained, and had a strong reputation, especially after the Siege of Radasanth and it's attachments to Whitevale. So empowering people, being a good role model was what she was all about.

Although was she that much of a motherly role model? Had her passion for power and ambition to be known in the world actually overtaken her ability to be a good soul? Had her all of her desires caused her to actually make mistakes in life? All this carelessness that others pointed out she had made, caused by her apparent lack of confidence and concentration as the world had become more complex around her ...

Life had become outrageously difficult and costly recently, sacrifices needing to be made far too easily.

"My mother ... My own mother was a whore. Trapped in a horrible world by her - we called them the Bosses." She sighed, sinking into the grass and letting Veridian slip from her shoulders. "Her name was Lacey. She met a faun who came to hire her once. He got her pregnant, paid her freedom fees to the Boss, and that was my father. He kept her in a small flat and was horribly abusive. One day," she ran a hand through her hair as the words continued to tumble out. "One day he just disappeared, and so she took me back to the brothel - it was called the Hidden Tiger. Or the Crouching Dragon. Or both. Anyway I grew up there, and was ... Well owned really. When the Boss did nothing to react against my mother being raped by a patron I killed the rapist, the Boss, burnt down the brothel and took my mother somewhere safe."

She looked up to Flamebird, sorrow deep in her eyes. "What was I to do but swear vengeance on every man who did a woman wrong? That's where I began, and here I am now - a general, a Matriarch, a ... Well. A woman."