As Felicity gripped his hand with her hand all the swinging saviour could feel was pride in a successful defense, he didn’t get hurt, Seamus wasn’t too hurt, and the only wound seemed to be a slight cut across Felicity’s hand, he looked up and timed his swing so he could release his M.A.D. at the peak of a swing only to fire it off towards their ship and grab on so they could get away.

“Well I guess now they are more like drowned rats then sewer rats now.” he said as they continued their controlled descent towards their ship.

The grip holding them together was slipping and Leoric couldn't do much to strengthen it, his right arm was already at its limit trying to pull both him and her to their ship, and the left one had gone a little numb from the cold. It seemed Felicity had already realized this and did one heck of a one armed muscle up and wrapped her other arm across him and held onto him as they swung.

Leorics mind went blank, first, she was very intimately wrapped around him as they swung through the air, and secondly, it BURNED, wherever her blood touched burned more then sticking his penis in a bonfire.it caused such a lapse in concentration that his M.A.D. released itself from their ship and they began to plummet straight for their ship at a high speed. Leoric reached back out with his hand to try and hook on to something, anything, but the only thought that entered his mind was

‘at this speed if i hook onto anything i am most likely going to get my arm torn off and we would still crash onto the ship.’ Instead he quickly wrapped his left arm around her waist, his right around her back and braced her head with his right hand and turned them so he would hit the ground first. He wasn’t sure why, she seemed like she could handle a bit of pain, but having her accuse him of purposely injuring her wouldnt sit well with him. After a few seconds that felt like minutes there was a sudden impact onto deck with the sound of splintering wood, shocks of surprise, and what Leoric could hear, splitting flesh as something entered his back with ease.

After a few seconds the battered and bruised brawler opened his eyes and Felicity had her hand out offering to help him up. He tried to reach her hand but could barely move it as he felt intense amounts of pain in his back as his muscles moved. With a grunt of effort he managed to grab her hand and she tried to pull him to his feet, instead he only got to a sitting position and began to lose his balance. If Felicity wasn’t there to grab him he probably would have fallen over again.

“Oh Shit! Leoric! Your back! You landed on the harpoon in the boat!” Seamus called out as he ran over and moved the harpoon to the side so that if Leoric fell back again he wouldn’t fall back on it. “Thankfully it looks like it was the side of the harpoon and not the tip.”

Leoric chuckled to himself softly and shook his head. “Captain! I am going to need double pay for pain and suffering!”

The captain chuckled to himself and pulled out his ledger and marked some things down. Before nodding in his direction. After what felt like ages he was finally helped to his feet and brought below deck to a table where he was laid down on his stomach and Felicity and a few other sailors helped clean and patch up his back. This is where the severity of the placement of the injurity was shown, it could have easily damaged his spine with how close it was and the angle it entered his back. But thankfully because he was able to be on his feet with help, they didn't think there would be too much trouble. He was helped to a hammock where the Captain gave him strict orders to rest until they needed him again. It wouldn't do the captain any good if they got attacked again and Leoric was unable to defend the ship. With that leoric turned to face Felicity and as everyone else left and he was left alone with her he turned back to the face the deck above him.

“You know, Your hair reminds me of when I was a little kid, helping my mom pick oranges in the forest. when life was simple, easy, and I actually felt something.”