GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Part III
    ~~~

Felicity's head spun as they left the outskirts of town. Her uncle had bought them all lunch and decided that the family should have a celebratory picnic, which they had never had before.

"So," Jonathan asked, carrying a blanket, "You throw the blanket down and eat on that?"

"Apparently." Fulcrum chuckled, "This warmer climate is bizarre. People do things outside without bundling up or anything."

Walking along the dirt path, Felicity nodded. She was so tired. Everything was so new and different, like an alternate universe.

Something did catch her eye, however, pulling her from her drowsy daze. A weird, colored insect flew past, wearing gorgeous wings. Wings way more beautiful than any bird, this insect fluttered until it landed on a purple flower. Felicity cautiously walked up to it, still fearing the touch of anything new. Earthy smells flooded her senses as she looked up, beyond the path.

The green grasses spread as far as she could see. Flowers of a variety of colors spotted the landscape where one or two of those fluffy trees stood tall in isolation. Yearning broke out within in. Desire to explore. This time, it overpowered a lifetime of living in fear.

Felicity darted into the field, finding herself surrounded by all these new colors. She had never seen so much green! She has never seen a multitude of plants combine into these eye pleasing colors. Strange, thin, paper like things grew on the trees instead of needles. Felicity bent down and picked one up that had been on the ground. It felt weird, yet cool and smooth. Felicity noticed something moving on her finger. A tiny insect crawled on her finger. Felicity took a moment to look at it, then as gently as she could return it to the plant she was holding.

Dropping the tree's needle replacement, Felicity felt energizing sunlight touch her, way more than it ever had in Eiskalt. Starting to sweat, Felicity after long last removed her coat. Her heavy white dress, stained in splotches if various liquids, still smelled. The cool yet not freezing breeze rustled the heavy material as Felicity ran out again, laughing. She flopped down into the grasses and flowers, feeling each and every type of plant with her own hands. This place... This place was...

Felicity heard footsteps. Lifted her head, she saw her uncle standing over her with a soft, sweet expression. He bent down and brushed something off of her head, pieces of grass fell to the ground.

"Uncle," Felicity asked, tearing up, "Are we really staying here? Every day?"

Uncle Fulcrum sat down next to her, feeling the grasses and flowers for himself. He bent forward and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Forever, Felicity. Welcome home."

~ The End? ~
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-05-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.