Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Felicity Rhyolite stepped out of the shop.

The Coronian district of Bradbury was known as a district of orchards, but this port town gave little hints of that. Even deep into the town, Felicity could smell fish and sea water. After spending about a month sailing from Salvar to Corone, Felicity was getting quite tired of the scents of the sea. Shaking her head, Felicity stepped into the cobblestone road. The simplistic, wooden houses and shops were set up in a way to encourage tourism. Since stepping onto the docks, the half-neanderthal had been bombarded with pyramid schemes and gift shops. Felicity had coin to spend, she had recently been paid handsomely for defending the ship here. Yet, Felicity had decided to spend her coin on more useful resources.

Felicity had no need to eat, she produced energy with her magical affinity. Strangely, however, she found her senses of magic were dimming. Was she so used to sensing magic that she was growing desensitized? Or was her magical affinity weakening? A cut Felicity had gotten on her ride here also took longer to heal than usual. Still, Felicity could sense the magical energy of the many travelers around her. That, and Felicity still had no need to eat. Not needing to eat eased her travel plans a lot. Aside several water skins to quench thirst, Felicity had needed to buy little for her long walk to Whitevale.

Felicity merrily twirled around in the street, getting a feel for the new gambeson she had just bought. Made of vlince, the comfortable armor piece was black with gold trim. She could easily unbuckle it and detach her sleeves. Of course, it was the month of August. The breeze from the sea cooled things down a bit, but Felicity knew she would be keeping the gambeson tucked away in her luggage. As Felicity pulled her gambeson off, revealing her simple white shirt, her new trident parrying dagger bounced on her belt. This prevalida weapon, simple yet strategically elegant, was a lucky find! Felicity had also bought a steel switchblade stilleto. She kept it tucked where most girls kept their coin purses. With the gambeson, Felicity had bought several headbands. She had recently been called out for her sail of a head, and now she was more concious of it than ever. She had a packet of multiple headbands in her luggage now, and currently wore a black one.

The streets were actually tame. It was the heat of summer midday, and even the tourists were seeking shelter and shade. Felicity shoved her gambeson into her larger bag and pulled it over her back. She would need to find a resting spot as well. She adjusted her headband and got to it. Walking down the road, back sweating from the heat, Felicity looked up to the sky. A volcano eruption last year had disrupted crop growth with the thick ash clouds in the sky. This year, however, Felicity was happy to see that those clouds were finally rolling away. She usually hated summer heat, but Felicity gladly welcomed the burning sun today.

Felicity walked next to bath house and noticed a familiar figure. She was bound to see him around town, but this sight just disgusted her.

Leoric!

One of the most confusing people Felicity had ever met. The redhead remembered that they were on the same boat from Salvar to Corone. Leoric had insulted her one moment, then complimented her the next. He helped her sharpen her unarmed fighting skills, but also tore her down with his harsh jokes. He was one of the only men who had ever complimented Felicity's eyes and hair. Yet, he had also mocked her wide forehead and laughed at the four digits on her left hand. He... confused her... Especially since he had directly told her he liked her. So why had he been so cruel?

Well, another piece to the puzzle was right before her. Two women checked him out as he spoke with them. Felicity's heart leapt when she remembered how he said the sweetest things about her hair. Now, she knew he was a womanizer. Felicity rolled her eyes as she watched him enter the bath house with the giggling women. Oh, this made perfect sense. He had probably complimented their hair and eyes as well, without the added insults. Felicity adjusted her headband again, trying to cover more of her forehead.

Felicity was so glad she would not have to deal with that jerk anymore. Why was she so concerned about that immature man child? She had far more important things to worry about. Now that they were on land, she was more than happy to part ways with him. She gritted her teeth and turned to find the nearest inn or tavern.

When the day cooled, she could finally return to her home town of Whitevale and leave this all behind.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-24-2021 at 12:51 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.