Leoric chuckled when he heard the yell from his former ship mate, he knew she would be in town for a day or two. But to end up at his favorite place? Karma was cruel to her that day. He finished off one of his drinks and when he removed the mug from his view to put down on his table. There she was, scowling and begrudgingly sat down.

“You know, If sitting with me is such a bother, there are plenty of other tables you can sit at you know.” He smirked as Lucy, the barmaid, brought over a platter of food, containing juicy haunches of mutton, boiled and mashed potatoes, some gravy, and an assortment of vegetables that the barkeep grew out back. “This looks delectable as always Lucy, Thank you.”

Leoric sat up right and grabbed his utensils, he was now back home, he did have to behave. After a few bites into his meal he began to notice the smells of the tavern growing more odorous as more food was cooked and more sweaty, greasy men came in from working the fields or guard finishing up their patrols. But this stench was something Leoric very much enjoyed. It was the smell of civilization, the smell of hard working folks making a living.

It wasn’t long before a few young adults came over to the table, ignoring the new redhead in town and began asking Leoric a ton of questions.

“Did anything fun happen? Any pirate attacks? What about sea monsters?”

Leoric Chuckled as he put down his utensils and flashed a quick smirk at Felicity. “PIrates who wanted my head! Attacked our ship, nearly scuppered us! But if it wasn’t for our quick thinking, they would have sunk us and I would be a floating leo popsicle right now!”

“Our?” one of the lads said.

“Yes, Our, I may be strong and quick, but this time even i needed help. And thankfully she had my back.” Leoric motioned to his table companion before continuing. “And of course, I got what I needed and got out before the church knew I was there. And I managed to get these cool devices out of the whole ordeal!”

“Ohhh! What do they do?”

“They are called Mobility Assistance Devices. Or M.A.D for short, and for what they do? Well” Leoric aimed his M.A.D at a cup of ale freshly placed on the bar top and fired off the dart, it quickly connected and pulled it to him rather quickly. As he caught it, it sloshed all over but with a quick flash of magic in his eyes, the liquid spilling over was quickly caught up in a blast of wind and deposited back into the cup.

“Woah! When can we go on adventures with you?!”

“Once you guys can take a few of my punches and hit me with a few. You know the deal, find me in new Brookeshaven when you are ready to try or train.”
The young adults were about to say something when two Guards came into the tavern and called out for Leoric. The moment he noticed who had called him, his demeanor shifted. He was no longer sitting up right and pretending to be ‘proper’. His eyes narrowed and his pupils dilated, he knew trouble was about to be presented to him. And he needed to focus on what was about to be said.

“Leoric! Thank the Thayne you got here when you did. We recently had several children kidnapped from town, several of them have returned but there is still an Orphan left out there, we can’t afford to send any guards to go get her. And you are the only one we know of that could handle this.”

“I just sat down to eat my meal, I haven't even finished it yet. Give us the details as I eat will you? Leoric said with a jovial manner, half joking to try and ease the tension in the room.