“Thank you, sir,” Gavner said, “But why help us?”

“Yeh know sunny,” the old seafarer said, “I remember back when we didn’t have no dad gum curfew. People could come ‘n go as they pleased ‘n things were a lot better around here.”

“Where are you heading to?” Mavrik asked.

“I’m Ferd, cap’n of a trade route to Fallien.” He said. “Fallien ‘n Dheathain ‘re my routes ‘n I know ‘ery water in between.”

“Say,” Said Gavner, “Are there any maps of the city around here?”

“Erm, no I don’t have any,” the old timer said, “But yeh may find one in ol’ Richter’s office. ‘E is the district’s notary. ‘is office is three doors down the right ‘cross the street. Say, ‘ow come yer lookin’ round Radasanth without knowin’ where yer goin?”

“We need to find a rendezvous point,” Mavrik covered. “And we haven’t been around these parts very often.”

“Well then why not ask me where it is that yer goin?” The seafarer said suspiciously.

“You know what?” Gavner interjected, grabbing the door handle, and motioning for the others to follow him. “That is alright, we will just be leaving. We are going to get that map. “

“Make sure it’s worth it,” Ferd said. Gavner stopped and looked over his shoulder at the old man, who seemed to had a faint twinkle in his eye. “If yer gonna do somthin’ stupid, make sure yeh don’t get caught, or yeh could find yerself put away or worse.”

Gavner looked back at the man, wondering if he could actually know what they were planning to do. "Thank you," he said, before pushing the door open and exiting the pub. As soon as everybody was outside Gavner rushed them down the street and to the notary with a great sense of urgency. They found that it was locked.

"I'll have to cut it," Gavner said softly to the other two.

"Well be quick about it," Mavrik hissed back.

Gavner held the lock in his left hand and placed his sharp black fingernail on the small bar restraining the door from opening. Gavner counted to 3, and sliced clean through the metal. Vampires had finger and toe nails, as well as teeth that were extremely hard. Gavner's were as strong as steel, Mavrik's were stronger than mythril, however. Gavner slid the lock out of place, and opened the door.

"Come on!" He said as he slipped in and shut the door after the others had entered. There was a relatively short hallway with several doors on either side.

"We should split up," Mavrik said.