“No.”

Salil seemed taken aback by the sudden declaration of refusal. His face took on a concerned look before he said softly, “You won't play with me?”

“You think fighting is a game, just like I did, and let me tell you it's not. Every battle has a purpose, even if the fighters don't realize it. I'm done with frivolous battles as a way to stroke one’s ego. Now, now I fight with a purpose,” Seth growled.

“You fight for my sister, Samantha...tell me, why does she go by Ambria? Isn't she proud of her Dahlios lineage?” Salil mocked. Serenity wrapped around one of Seth's legs as she awaited more information.

“I died a few months after she was conceived. She was born without me either. She had her mother and uncle to raise her, and she wasn't given a chance. She doesn't know what being a Dahlios is, so she clings to her mother's name,” Seth explained, “She isn't a Dahlios because I wasn't there to marry Liliana and raise her. Just like you aren't a Dahlios because your mother wasn't married to me either.”

“Listen to him Salil, he is just a stud, rutting with everything and leaving a trail of children and corpses behind him. He truly is mere cattle, sure he has preferred mates and he mimics love and concern, but he doesn't feel those emotions…” Lord Mizami spoke. The knife came to a halt before Seth looked pointedly at Lord Mizami.

“You can be quiet vampire. If I need to open a bar I know who's head to use as a keg tap,” Seth replied.

Lord Mizami seemed to sputter as he hissed, “You will regret treating me as your equal Cattle.”

“Equal? I thought we already established the pecking order, let's go again. There's me, Sivienna, my kids, the dirt, the worms in the dirt, the shit the worms feed on, and then at the very bottom is you,” Seth shot back.

Sivienna growled softly her dark aura pulsing as she raised her hands, flames were forming in them as she shot one ball of flame at her father’s feet spitting angrily “That’s your warning father! Call Seth cattle again and I won’t miss!” Sivienna then looked at Seth and warned softly “I know my father, he’s trying to find your weak point!”

“Oh is that all, people have been looking for that for awhile now. Better people, stronger people, people that actually know how to phrase an insult. I'm kinda hurt Sivi, you told me your dad was smart…” Seth deadpanned.

Salil covered his mouth as shoulders shook, finally he spoke, “Very well Seth, if you won't fight for glory, then let me throw this out there...I have information on my sister. I know what she's been doing, and if you wish to know, you'll turn those infamous knives on me. What is it going to be? Satisfy my desire to fight? Or lose out on learning more about your kidnapped daughter?”

Seth felt his heart wrench as silence reigned in the small room. Raoul was looking at the two of them with a keen interest, while Salil crossed his arms. It galled Seth seeing such an act, because they both knew Seth’s answer. He had lost that very info, and had come to visit Salil for it. Salil’s face lit up in an impish grin when the knife twirl to a stop and was holstered, “You get advantage. Cook up whatever the hell you want Salil.”

Salil seemed disappointed in the words before he reached to the glass case. He lifted the lid and grabbed the mask placing it on his face before his voice echoed from behind it, “All for her. You refused to play until it became about her. I should not be surprised, and yet I am wounded father. I thought you would do anything for your children…”

Seth carefully lowered the brim of his hat and spoke, “Had you wanted to talk, I would have been more than willing. Had you visited me, I would have taught you everything I knew. Had you just asked, I would have bent over backwards. Instead you play games while your sister’s life hangs in the balance. Don't preach to me about it being all about her. You made it about her.”

Salil slid the claws onto his hands and carefully articulated each one, feeling how the blood had affected them. He looked over at Seth and shrugged, “Perhaps I did. We shall see how your truth holds up, after all your stubborn conviction is one of your most notable traits. Shall we adjourn from my room? We shall need a real arena, fitting such a battle…”