Seth bit his tongue. Sivienna was determined to find the good in the situation, while Seth having been turned to a pessimist was assessing damage. The way he spoke for one, and his actions. Had he been a child lost, Seth could have understood, but he was guarded. Seth could see it in the boy’s eye, the kid was assessing his parents, just as much as Seth was assessing him.

Salil replied, “The monks have been nothing short of helpful. When I asked to watch your fights, they recreated them for me, down to the smallest details. When I asked for replicas of your weapons, I felt I learned more about you, Seth. Watching how you fight and recreating those fights, helped me to understand the brutality of the man I would come to know as the Lavinian Demon.”

Seth remained on edge, and spoke, “You gotta know that the words I used aren't all the truth. I let my mouth run on its own often to give me time to think.”

“Well aware Seth, you needn't be so guarded. You are after all with family,” Salil said, his sardonic tone chilling to the Demon.

Sivienna’s gaze was on her son, the look worried as she asked her baby softly “Honey, what are you trying to do? Your father, doesn’t want to be antagonized, he is only trying to learn about you!” nerves were starting to tingle in her body, as one fear played through her mind This isn’t going as well as I hoped it would. Biting her lip the night beauty continued “Seth, I don’t know what he is trying to do, but he is our son, remember that…”the vixen’s eyes were fretful blinking from that of her lover to her son as her mind wandered and she thought Why does this remind me somewhat of when my father argued with me?

“Of course, mother, ever the voice of reason. I would say that in many cases, I saw Seth as he truly was,” Salil pressed as he moved past Seth to the table, “The times he perished, the lives he took. All here amongst these halls, and all recorded, for eternity. Tell me Seth, do you regret a single act you committed amongst these halls?”

Seth looked at Salil he remained silent and spoke, “I don't need to be an aristocrat to spot that trap. Tell me Salil, why did you choose last night of all nights to make your presence known to me? You obviously knew we were in the area.”

For the first time a genuine smile lit up Salil’s face. He spoke warmer, “You are clever. Your intelligence leaves a bit to be desired, but your cunning cannot be denied. I can see why Sivienna could be charmed by a man many called a bruitish bore.”

Sivi’s eyes widened at Salil’s comment, shock was in her voice as she stammered “S...SALIL MIZAMI! No you won’t treat your father that way! He may be a human, but he deserves respect! I won’t have my child make a remark like that!” Without thinking, she looked right into her son’s eyes and asked softly, but their was a tone to her voice “Who else has visited you?” sadness was in her eyes, as she muttered “Sorry, I’m trying not to pry sweetie, I respect you, but we need to be honest with each other, and in truth what you say worries me Salil.”

Salil matched his mother’s gaze and spoke, “When my parents failed to come seek me, I sought family. His sister proved an aloof creature, no doubt aided by becoming one with the night. His parents were dead, but then I found my Aunt, and she gave me what I sought…”

Seth’s hand hovered near a blade as the air grew colder, “You made a mistake Salil, you made a grave error.”

“It couldn't be worse than leaving a child awakened to Hex Magic for the citadel monks. Or letting my half sister be kidnapped by the Cult of Blessed Torture…” Salil replied cruelly. The door opened behind the two of them as he spoke, “I felt a family reunion was in order. Sadly Aunt Rianna couldn't make it, a certain brute nearly gutted her and she has taken to bed ill. However, Grandfather has been a most gracious guest…”

Seth could feel the dark power emanate as a well dressed man entered. The clink of a cane could be heard as he entered and glowered at the Lavinian Demon, his eyes then settled of Sivienna, “The prodigal daughter at long last. Very good Salil, very good indeed.”