"I'm warning you!" the human said, voice quivering as the creature approached.

The slow plodding of the creature hesitated but for a second as the human held up the sigil of N'Jal, a stylized spider. The being stood up to its full height, casting a shadow over the strewn ritual chamber. Candlelight flickered against the backdrop of black banners emblazoned with silver spiders as the human slowly backed away from the monster approaching it.

"Warning me what?" the monster asked as its tail flicked back and forth, a predator stalking its prey.

"You'll pray to the useless Spider Bitch and have her smite me? Do you think she would even if she could?" a guttural laugh burbled up through the cracked throat of the creature as it took another step further.

"I'm going to rob her of her remaining strength one follower at a time, until all of you are dead... and then I'll kill her with my own two hands. Do you think brandishing her sigil at me is going to do anything but piss me off?!"

A clawed hand shot out from beneath a rotted cloak and gripped the unholy symbol with a surprising amount of strength, considering the creature's skeletal appearance. The symbol of the Dark Thayne crackled in his grasp weakly before it snapped in twain and fell to the floor below.

A draft of wind from an open window caught the edge of the creature's hood and revealed a face, half decayed. Bright green orbs of magical light danced where eyes once were. Rows of dagger sharp teeth peeked out from dried, shredded lips curled into what seemed a permanent snarl.

"D... Drago?"

"None other. Now, you've kept me long enough. I'm hungry, and your life force is looking rather delicious at the moment," Drago said as he reached out with a single hand and held the man up by the head. As the human struggled and beat against his arms uselessly, the Dragolich could feel its own body begin to heal, particularly around his face.

The scars and deterioration reversed, slowly, giving his body some semblance of normality. The glowing green orbs where his eyes should have been remained, but otherwise he was starting to look like his fully living self once more. With a sigh, he dropped the human, now a husk of ashen skin pulled taught over a rigid skeleton.

"Now, where are the others?"

You think you're ready to take on that many at once?

"Despite your misgivings, Draconus, I do know these people. Of them, only a few pose me any significant threat, and those few will seek me out themselves. The rest? There's a reason they served under me," Drago said. He could almost see the divine in the back of his head cross his arms disapprovingly, but nothing else was said between the two for the time being.