I looked at a leviathan playing in the clouds; a creature that looked to be a mix of an eel, and a dragonfly while I sat in the plaza outside a donating center. While I was sitting, and waiting I pulled out a small telescope, and examined the creature better. I pressed a button on my scope that let me measure distances, and lengths, and the thing measured about nine feet long, with a chitinous skull, and claws. Don’t ask me how it’s able to fly. I'm not a xenobiologist. While I was watching this creature soar through the clouds I heard “Warrant Officer Duncan?” I raised my hand, and the lady said “come with me please.”

I put away my telescope, and followed her into the center, she guided me to a seat, and asked “So, what are we donating today?”

I replied “Blood, stemcells, and marrow, and please just call me Duncan, or if you have to be formal, mister I haven’t been in the PMC for five years now..” She smiled, nodded, pulled up a tablet, and started the interviewing process. “Do you have any permanent gene therapies?”

It took me a moment to gather the info “The standard post birth anti-congenital treatment, the non-native adaptation inoculation, the PMC ‘s basic training sweet, and the advanced recon augmentation.”

Her eyebrow raised when I mentioned the last one. She seemed pleased. “Hmmm, any implants?” Before stating “I didn’t know you were an Earther, did you go into anaphylactic shock when you landed?”

I pointed to either side of my nose “Electromagnetic sensor sweet, and a ceramic ossification.” Before answering her second question “I was actually born on the ship, I didn’t touch real land until I was ten years old, and yeah I was living off of cortisone for a few months till the gene therapy kicked in.”

She raised her eyebrow “How did you acquire your ceramic bones?”

I grimaced “I got in a crash, and shattered nearly every bone in my body. I’d rather not talk about it.”

She flushed, and nodded “Forgive me, understand though, that a bone marrow donation will be… difficult.”

I smiled at her, “It’s ok, I can understand your curiosity. If it can be done then get the marrow.”

She nodded “One last question, what vaccines do you have? Besides the standards?”

I rattled off about a dozen viruses, I was immune to that most other people weren’t thanks to my time in the military, and she noted them ,and smiled. “Good news Mr. Duncan, you qualify for a twenty percent bonus to our standard payouts. How do you want to be paid? Platinum, credits, or cash?”