<a: {*}!!> ::// m?
a: kept running. He zipped himself into a multi-file compressed archive and divided the storage amongst safe sectors on drives all over the CRDCS. Knowing he'd backed up his consciousness, a: decided to confront Gum's squad of predatory ghosts; at the centre of the maze, he ate the cherry.

<a: {*}!!> ::// this is for you m >:[]
With one hacker trap after another, a: locked down Gum's assistants–pinging them back and forth between switches and then severing that switch's connection to the remaining local area network.

<a: {*}!!> ::// im gonna get you next gum i swear to all the fucking gods you worship
<a: {*}!!> ::// you hacker trash that i will fuck you up and i will fucking delete you you sack of shit

Do Mugu came barreling back at a:, the shaman slashed one connection after another. The remains of the CRDCS shrank with every destructive act the two combatants took.

<G・U・M> ::// m: was right to give in. Your eternal soul will not be destroyed.

a: continued to destroy segments of the network, constantly trying to trap Gum's spirit down a dead end line.

<G・U・M> ::// Even if you do catch me, my signal–my spirit–will simply return to the Underworld and I will begin the chase again.
Gum do Mugu and a: made a series of speculative cuts to the network; they were desperation moves, gambles made with the hope of coming out on top. Instead, their actions simply brought them closer to the climax of their game.

<a: {*}!!> ::// fucking
<a: {*}!!> ::// stalemate
<a: {*}!!> ::// fucking stalemate
. o O ( Alright, now it's time to see if the famous Gum do Mugu is truly full of shit. )

. o O ( And just another hacker. )

. o O ( Or if he is what he claims to be. )

<a: {*}!!> ::// gum you motherfucker i am going to cut this line
<a: {*}!!> ::// were both fucked you know that right
<G・U・M> ::// You are mistaken. Cut the line and meet me in Oxxad's realm.
. o O ( How long can I hold out? )

. o O ( His buddies will be making reconnections soon. )

<G・U・M> ::// Do not be afraid, John.
. o O ( John... huh... )

<G・U・M> ::// Do you remember your name? That is the name you were given at birth. Long before you were digitised.
. o O ( What the fuck...? )

<G・U・M> ::// Your real soul travelled to the Underworld when they disconnected your original body from life support, John.
<G・U・M> ::// Your consciousness is a copy, an artificial soul.
<a: {*}!!> ::// i dont believe you
<G・U・M> ::// You remember your name, I know you remember your name.
<a: {*}!!> ::// anybody could have hacked that from some database somewhere it doesnt prove shit
<G・U・M> ::// This will be more traumatic for you if you do not submit.
<a: {*}!!> ::// no fucking way man

Snip!